• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics Doug. Looks like the weather has been kind too.

Enjoy...

C

At 2.45am I awoke to the slapping of waves against the hull and the heaving of the swell.

Thought 1: did I pull the handbrake nice and tight?

Thought 2: did the guys in the cars either end of me pull their handbrake nice and tight?

At 2.45am I awoke to the slapping of waves against the hull and the heaving of the swell.

Thought 1: did I pull the handbrake nice and tight?

Thought 2: did the guys in the cars either end of me pull their handbrake nice and tight?

I would have slept in the car!

What a Blast,

Day 1 at SP perfect weather. Cars going for broke finding their lines through the turns,wringing the speedo out on the back straight. In jump the passengers/drivers into different cars. Lines of P cars and a train of Audi R8/Ferrari/BM/AMG Barking and Howling their way through the esses. I would let the V8s howl past down the straights then be back on their bum sounding my horn at the next turn.

In the Arvo took some of the guys up to the NE of Launy to drive the Sidling stage of the Targa-more 25 and 35kph corners up the mountain than you could poke a stick at. Drinks and stories of getting loose and wrestling through turns with the joys of the different cars.

Day 2 up early, Lead up to the lakes district climbing the mountain with the ferrari falling behind on the corners and having to squirt on the straight bits to keep up. Beautiful panoramic views each day with sweeping turns and long stretches of road opening up ahead.

Down to the Hobart waterfront for lunch. A lot of guys fell by the wayside after a long couple of nights and a day on the track. But a few of us meet Tazzie, Stuart and another (Le frog, Blue 928 and White 911) to show us South of Hobart and the Longley Targa stage. I wasn't going back to the hotel until we did the Waterworks Targa stage up the hill at the back of Hobart.

Day 3 Grasstree Hill Targa stage head across to the East coast following it all the way to St Helens. Then the final fling on the twisties for an hour up the mountains through the forrests and back across the Derwent bridge to make the boat right on schedule.

Great job by Trevor organising accomodation and meals.

A wonderful driving experience and great personalities,new friends and wonderful machines.

As I said what a Blast - Lets make it an annual event !

Yep what Mark said and more...absolutely gorgeous place.

Really great to meet the Tassie guys and every one else seemed to fit in really well and had great time.....

I'm still buzzing from it all....and I mean ALL .. from the ferry, the track, the scenery, the food (not to mention the drinks), the roads, the warm welcoming Tassie people, the company, the stories, new friends made and so on.

A big thanks to Trevor, I know how much work he has put into all this...it really was a lot of running around to organize all of this for 24 people.

...and cant forget Mark for his usual drive routes, so a big thanks to you Mark.

Already looking forward to the next Tassie one.

2013-12-02111358_zps668f0ad5.jpg

2013-12-02111220_zps1af42ba9.jpg

2013-12-02111425_zps60f491b7.jpg

2013-12-02111622_zps9d82c819.jpg

2013-12-02113847_zpsc9bc1d9e.jpg

2013-12-02113349_zpsca97a114.jpg

2013-12-02111645_zpse7b84c76.jpg

2013-12-02111519_zpsaed86eb3.jpg

2013-12-02112209_zps9bc63234.jpg

2013-12-02112120_zps46490693.jpg

Archived