Wide Body Hotrod Build

In other news I've received my Classic Retrofit AC system.  The other system I bought will be installed and operating (not my car) much sooner than mine so will be interesting to see how the install and the performance of the system goes.  I've opened the boxes up and it's really well packaged and all the bits look nice quality but I CBF pulling it all out and taking photos etc.  You've got to love a company that brands it's packing tape.

IMG_8657-L.jpg

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your "other" build in the background doesn't appear to be progressing much? Are you waiting on an opening at Skunkworks to send the body down for paint or still deciding on the colour?

Yeah the only build I actually have to do myself is at a standstill :Confused02:.

I 'found' the time to pull the AC stuff out

IMG_8660-L.jpg

IMG_8669-L.jpg

IMG_8668-L.jpg

IMG_8667-L.jpg

IMG_8666-L.jpg

IMG_8674-L.jpg

IMG_8675-L.jpg

IMG_8670-L.jpg

IMG_8664-L.jpg

$950 USD secures you a G50 pedal box in very good working order :blink:

IMG_8718-L.jpg

A bargain $550 USD gets you a G50 shifter and rod and ends etc.

IMG_8715-L.jpg

Got a few other brake and clutch hydraulic items too.

IMG_8719-L.jpg

Pre-bent brake lines made the journey...

IMG_8720-L.jpg

is that a LHD pedal box? So keen to see the AC set up. That way i can ditch the pump off the LS motor 

Yes FFS don't tell me it's wrong!!!  Their pedals work the same way ours do but the rod that goes from the accelerator pedal to the centre rod (that goes aft) is different.  That piece I got from a UK wrecker and is RHD specific.  If you're going to let me down, be gentle alright?

Chartreuse 'Rolla

IMG_9059-L.jpg

I got one for my build and it turned out to be a nightmare trying to get it to fit and the pedals were to offset. And the cost of a RHD one was huge it was chaper for me to get a tilton pedal box instead. but your car might be different im not to sure. 

I got one for my build and it turned out to be a nightmare trying to get it to fit and the pedals were to offset. And the cost of a RHD one was huge it was chaper for me to get a tilton pedal box instead. but your car might be different im not to sure. 

Oh. Fucking. Bother.

Yes FFS don't tell me it's wrong!!!  Their pedals work the same way ours do but the rod that goes from the accelerator pedal to the centre rod (that goes aft) is different.  That piece I got from a UK wrecker and is RHD specific.  If you're going to let me down, be gentle alright?

Chartreuse 'Rolla

IMG_9059-L.jpg

What do you think of the colour.. Toyota calls it "Citrus" or something.. so far it has been wildly unpopular...

In other news I've received my Classic Retrofit AC system.  The other system I bought will be installed and operating (not my car) much sooner than mine so will be interesting to see how the install and the performance of the system goes.  I've opened the boxes up and it's really well packaged and all the bits look nice quality but I CBF pulling it all out and taking photos etc.  You've got to love a company that brands it's packing tape.

IMG_8657-L.jpg

I would really love to know how you go with this , got two projects that need A/C

phew, 25 pages, and about 20 wrecked by photobucket.

I wished I was around when PB hadn't destroyed this thread, it was like trying to watch Neighbours but with too many ads.

Great thread, your local postie must know your project pretty well by now!

So a small update.  The engine will be completed by Cairns (re-assembled, EFI / ITB bits bolted on etc) by mid next week.  So that is the engine and gearbox and shell all complete.  It's going to be easier from a coordination point of view to get Skunkwerks to project manage the job from here on as they can coordinate the mechanicals and body work (as an example fitment / location of front oil cooler) so the chassis will return to Chez Skunk shortly along with the completed engine and gearbox and all the goodies I've accumulated.  Next steps is to trial fit the engine and gearbox and then get assembling.  In case you're wondering I'm way off timeline and presumably way over budget...and no colour selected :o

IMG_9734-L.jpg

So a small update.  The engine will be completed by Cairns (re-assembled, EFI / ITB bits bolted on etc) by mid next week.  So that is the engine and gearbox and shell all complete.  It's going to be easier from a coordination point of view to get Skunkwerks to project manage the job from here on as they can coordinate the mechanicals and body work (as an example fitment / location of front oil cooler) so the chassis will return to Chez Skunk shortly along with the completed engine and gearbox and all the goodies I've accumulated.  Next steps is to trial fit the engine and gearbox and then get assembling.  In case you're wondering I'm way off timeline and presumably way over budget...and no colour selected :o

IMG_9734-L.jpg

I hope you aren't going to slow Toby down on my gearbox rebuild with all this work! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived