Fibreglass Replacement Dash

Teutonic

Morning all,

my next job with the car is to refurbish the dash. It has the usual cracked dash pad and in its past also had some average switch gear mounted in the face plate. 

Always looking to shed weight so with that in mind I thought fibreglass/carbon could be an option. Have seen a number of LHD fibreglass dashes (GT racing, rebel racing) but can't seem to find a RHD one. Anyone know of anything out there ?

Sorry. Obvious omission. It's a 1974 911. Is a track oriented hot rod hence the desire to shed weight. But also want to tidy up the interior.

Other option might be to remove the existing and repair cover in alcantara 

Looking to cover all the vinyl items (knee pads, top pads on doors) in alcantara with a red stitch and do carbon door cards and the flat trims on the dash. The dash pad is the main thing I haven't resolved. 

Pic of existing below  

E841AF7D-A4B7-4331-8843-70496C2CE580.jpg

Have found a guy who has a mould for one. Will play guinea pig and get one made and see how t comes out.  Will be an option to have more made. Will update with more details once I have it in my hot little hands and can evaluate if it's an option worth pursuing. 

Yup. Had been chasing him for a while and he finally found the mould. Had been misplaced for a year. I have been patient :) . Only started this post cause I had given up hope and murphies law he finally came good this week. Figured I would give him a chance to get one made and see how it looks prior to suggesting anyone else bother pursuing one. 

Nope. It's a boat builder up there who is also a Porsche enthusiast. Will happily pass on all details once I can see they are or aren't a good thing. Essentially, let me get mine first before you guys go distracting him :) 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a secret. It's Wayne Hanning from up at Noosa. I have tried many times to get prices and lead times but 99% of the time he never replies to emails. I was trying to order a carbon dash from him from him but he didn't reply

Nope. Not a secret. You would be correct. He has done a raft of carbon parts for me previously with no problems. And now he has found the mould I expect the dash won't be a problem. But I would rather have one in my hand and be able to verify it is a good thing and that he can make more of them before recommend them to the community. Happy to pass on whatever I have once I can establish it's a good thing. 

Wayne is a cracker bloke.  Loves a chat too.

Ask him about the latest Porsche thing he's doing, grab a six pack and just listen.

If you want to see someone hit the limiter inside 3 seconds, ask him about the GT3 motor he bought off his big mate from Victoria in 2007 and how he instantly gained 2.5 seconds of talent per lap ...

And he accused me of being a cheater!  Swore it was stock until he sold it whereupon it instantly gained 35 HP.

The kicker.  The guy he sold the motor raced with me and I suffered the ignominy of being passed by my own engine ... oh the pain, the pain. 

Archived