Question

JC

Hi guys.

Question for all. Im looking at getting my first Porsche, budget of 95k.

I love the Cayman S however cant seem to find one for my budget. So in saying this i can find plenty of 2014 standard 2.7 Cayman, id love the 3.4 however cant find one.

Is the 2.7 still satisfying quick car and can it be chipped up to be just as quick as a gts?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers Jason 

Wait, keep looking, maybe save a bit more and get an S.  

Agree. Mate, $95k...? That should be enough to get you an S, just go back a yr or 2.  The Phils say so....ok!  Yes, wait and get the S. 

I have a 981 2.7 PDK. I have had it three years and done 35000 km driving in Bris commute with the odd hills blast and a couple of track days. The 2.7 sometimes lacks a little torque but the upside is you get to rev it harder more often. I like the sound of the standard exhaust and you can get the PSE retro fitted if you need it/want it later.  I would have liked to had sport chrono but and PSE when I bought the car but honestly don't miss them now. 

For me, I like being able to rev mine harder for a given road speed and therefore making more noise at a lower speed than an S driver more often. 

A excerpt from the Porsche Wikipedia that I though might be relevant:

“Porsche created a series of wide bodied road cars that later became known as the “S” cars as a means to price gouge buyers who suffered from penis size anxiety or short man syndrome.  During the production period of the air cooled 911’s these road cars actually had lower top speeds due to the poorer aerodynamics of these widened tracked cars.  With the advent of the 997’s and Cayman’s in particular, Porsche stepped up the marketing segmentation further by offering larger capacity engines and higher specification such as Sports Chrono as a means to increase their profit margins.  There is no doubt that these “S” versions offer marginally more performance against the stopwatch but at a price premium which is of questionable value in the real world as the performance of all these cars is more than adequate.  This marketing strategy has been very effective in increasing profits for Porsche and their dealer network as “S” owners tend to be fiercely arrogant in their perceived superiority and are often found in enthusiast web forum diminishing the worth of non “S” vehicles despite the fact that no empirical evidence suggests lower satisfaction rates amongst non “S” owners.  In fact it is suggested that non “S” owners have higher levels of satisfaction and general feelings of well being as they tend not to fixate on their penis size whenever they drive their Porsche.....”

:D      

“Porsche created a series of wide bodied road cars that later became known as the “S” cars as a means to price gouge buyers who suffered from penis size anxiety or short man syndrome.  During the production period of the air cooled 911’s these road cars actually had lower top speeds due to the poorer aerodynamics of these widened tracked cars.  With the advent of the 997’s and Cayman’s in particular, Porsche stepped up the marketing segmentation further by offering larger capacity engines and higher specification such as Sports Chrono as a means to increase their profit margins.  There is no doubt that these “S” versions offer marginally more performance against the stopwatch but at a price premium which is of questionable value in the real world as the performance of all these cars is more than adequate.  This marketing strategy has been very effective in increasing profits for Porsche and their dealer network as “S” owners tend to be fiercely arrogant in their perceived superiority and are often found in enthusiast web forum diminishing the worth of non “S” vehicles despite the fact that no empirical evidence suggests lower satisfaction rates amongst non “S” owners.  In fact it is suggested that non “S” owners have higher levels of satisfaction and general feelings of well being as they tend not to fixate on their penis size whenever they drive their Porsche.....”

Errrrrr,     JC, I can sell you my S, I think I want to go back to having a bigger Penis, getting taller and having a smaller motor..:P

P.S. your budget is good, IMHO go the S if you can, otherwise every time you come up behind one with an S badge, you'll say to yourself...

"Bugger It....I should have got one of them"

applause-gif-3.gif

may i ask why your not looking at a 997 911?

i love the shape of them.

Beautiful duck tail on them, how the tail lights that flow into the spoiler, just immaculate car.

Okay guys, i am going the 'S' whats another 25k ?. 

Ive done alot of research on the 2.7 and you cant really get them moving much quicker and the money id spend on it = the price of getting an S.

Small penis, but it'll be going fast enough you wont see it ???

Archived