What's it Like to Own a Vintage 911. ?

OZ930

It's the cornerstone of 911 / 912 enthusiasm, the reason why for against most new comers from all marks the AC 911's have prospered.

Its analogue vs digital. A true enthusiast want to drive their car, not have the car drive for them.

The sports car work has finally worked it out, in the quest for drivers cars - these cars are a standout.

They are probably too expensive nowadays, but we're too cheep for too long.

Happy 911ing to all the lucky ones amongst us 

?❌?❗️

As you consider your response to the never tiresome, old Porsche vs new Porsche debate, you can watch this video about the Porsche in the article (story if it's been posted in the videos thread already)

There is no such thing as new Porsche and old Porsche argument.. there should only be 1 Porsche and that's the car we love, so to say that the old is better than the new or the new is better than the old to me is largely stupendous as that is subjective. You cant come up with definitive for subjectives. 

I love the Air Cooled, and the Water Cooled. I love PDK and i love manual.. most importantly i love PORSCHE. To me the brand symbolizes something more then just the car. It truly is a brand of passion and love. From the 356, 996 all the way to the 991, they are amazing cars with each one having its own characteristics. 

That's why i never got the whole Air Cooled v Water Cooled argument.

There is no such thing as new Porsche and old Porsche argument.. there should only be 1 Porsche and that's the car we love, so to say that the old is better than the new or the new is better than the old to me is largely stupendous as that is subjective. You cant come up with definitive for subjectives. 

I love the Air Cooled, and the Water Cooled. I love PDK and i love manual.. most importantly i love PORSCHE. To me the brand symbolizes something more then just the car. It truly is a brand of passion and love. From the 356, 996 all the way to the 991, they are amazing cars with each one having its own characteristics. 

That's why i never got the whole Air Cooled v Water Cooled argument.

This bloke gets it ???

Same guy that wrote the piece on buying the car and dropping the owner to the station? I like anything old, a car that has a story, has a soul and brings you to a period that was some time ago, and its most likely that when the car was new, you were not of the driving age, so you always feel like you are driving in another period.

I just followed a link to someone I don't know on facechook and saw they were a Porsche fan.  They are in the UK.  Those guys know how to organise drive days - pictures of 40 or so Porsches going to spa for the weekend.  Almost makes you ready to out up with the salty roads!  Although you end up needing to have some,thing pretty special to stand out.

for me the best part of old 911 ownership is the ability to just roll up to a meet and start talking to people and having something in common.  I'd tried other car scenes in the past but Porsche groups are far better.  

for me the best part of old 911 ownership is the ability to just roll up to a meet and start talking to people and having something in common.  I'd tried other car scenes in the past but Porsche groups are far better.  

For me at 51, the best part is having random attractive much younger girls who are Porsche nuts coming up to take photos then taking them for a thrash in the 911! ??? And hanging out with ya mates going for a drive

Its nice to dream.  ?:wub:?

The only people that have ever gone gooey over my 911 have been middle-aged men and school boys.  

me too @Harvs11.  They must breed the girls differently in Adelaide.

to get that kind of attention in Melbourne you need to drive a Ferrari.  Ferrari's make you younger and better looking ?...old Porsches make you smell of oil ?

to get that kind of attention in Melbourne you need to drive a Ferrari.  Ferrari's make you younger and better looking ?...old Porsches make you smell of oil ?

There's plenty of gold diggers here too mate ? 

Its nice to dream.  ?:wub:?

The only people that have ever gone gooey over my 911 have been middle-aged men and school boys.  

The girl bringing out a coupla bags of chookfeed  from Petbarn dropped a "OMG I so love your car!" comment on me recently.
And it was the green beetle and not the Landy!

The girl bringing out a coupla bags of chookfeed  from Petbarn dropped a "OMG I so love your car!" comment on me recently.
And it was the green beetle and not the Landy!

life's a little different on the small island

36563187873_f3dd61b92e_z.jpg

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-912-technical-forum/623932-my-912-parts-car-chicken-coop.html

I think this is where the Females version of the 'Crazy Hot Matrix' comes in. Go to 5:10 for the female version.

Archived