What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

I can't recall where or who wanted me to tell them about the strut brace I have fitted. Sorry about that, though I shall enlighten you now!

First up, many thanks to JamesP for the very easy transaction and prompt delivery. Awesome mate, cheers

Once I'd dug around my plethora of mixed bolts, and found some longer ones that I needed, it was a 5 minute job to fit and adjust the brace. Being honest, it was mainly for aesthetic value, as I rarely believe what the internet tells me until I try it for meself, yet after todays drive in the hills with the SA Porsche club, I swear it has made the front a lot more stable.

I've been told 911 SC's tend to pogo/wallow a bit on bumpy sweepers that make the steering go a bit light as the wheel moves in your hand, and that was evident with my car. A little unnerving,  yet I adjusted my driving style to BLAT (brake late and turn) instead of corner speed. Today, the front end felt a lot more planted,  much less bump steer (if thats what its called when it pogo's), it turns in nicely, and I just felt a lot more confident driving the thing

Definitley worth considering one of you're that way inclined

Back when at a historics meet I asked John Bowe if he thought it was necessary on my SC. He said basically if you like to drive your car like the factory intended , definitely. He was right, a definite improvement over stock.

I can't recall where or who wanted me to tell them about the strut brace I have fitted. Sorry about that, though I shall enlighten you now!

First up, many thanks to JamesP for the very easy transaction and prompt delivery. Awesome mate, cheers

Once I'd dug around my plethora of mixed bolts, and found some longer ones that I needed, it was a 5 minute job to fit and adjust the brace. Being honest, it was mainly for aesthetic value, as I rarely believe what the internet tells me until I try it for meself, yet after todays drive in the hills with the SA Porsche club, I swear it has made the front a lot more stable.

I've been told 911 SC's tend to pogo/wallow a bit on bumpy sweepers that make the steering go a bit light as the wheel moves in your hand, and that was evident with my car. A little unnerving,  yet I adjusted my driving style to BLAT (brake late and turn) instead of corner speed. Today, the front end felt a lot more planted,  much less bump steer (if thats what its called when it pogo's), it turns in nicely, and I just felt a lot more confident driving the thing

Glad it worked out well for you... 

Back when at a historics meet I asked John Bowe if he thought it was necessary on my SC. He said basically if you like to drive your car like the factory intended , definitely. He was right, a definite improvement over stock.

Sort of reminds me of a time way back in the late 70's (maybe early 80"s) when I was with a group of people who always went for a drink in a place called the Court House Hotel,

The hotel was opposite the Melbourne Magistrates Court and Russell Street Police Complex.  

We had our own room every Friday night where we would over indulge.

This one particular night, Allan Moffat was also in the room having a drink with our group.  

I saddled up next to him and asked what  car he drove as his daily driver.

He looked at me and said he drove a Porsche.

I asked him the next most intelligent question I could think of....What colour is it.?

He smirked and said....."MOFFAT RED".

Ha ha, I loved that bloke.   (in a manly sort of way that is)  

I finished the 928  HVAC diaphragm replacement job and now can get air where I want it including important demist, and no <constant hot air no matter what> issue.

Though without the aircon working , there is no ice cream headache for summer. Whatever, I don't live in the tropics.

One of the diaphragms had a tiny split , the other two were old (1982) rubber and distorted at the lip and not sealing. Those got replaced with silicone 21st century ones.

I also pulled the HVAC control unit apart and cleaned the contacts and replaced the dead light bulb.

One thing , Porsche plastic is nothing special - old = brittle!

With the $2000 labour saved , I'm having a beer!

I finished the 928  HVAC diaphragm replacement job and now can get air where I want it including important demist, and no <constant hot air no matter what> issue.

Though without the aircon working , there is no ice cream headache for summer. Whatever, I don't live in the tropics.

One of the diaphragms had a tiny split , the other two were old (1982) rubber and distorted at the lip and not sealing. Those got replaced with silicone 21st century ones.

I also pulled the HVAC control unit apart and cleaned the contacts and replaced the dead light bulb.

One thing , Porsche plastic is nothing special - old = brittle!

With the $2000 labour saved , I'm having a beer!

$2,000 worth of beer? 

TT Tesla Day

Ran the gauntlet on a battery to the dealer as alternator fault.. I can decare you can do 107kms, well maybe a little more on a single charge in 993 TTS. 

No aircon , no radio , very little indicator and almost no brake pedal , I did zoom for a few 140km/hr squirts to run the car down the hill top the cooling fans kicking in 

:) 

TT Tesla Day

Ran the gauntlet on a battery to the dealer as alternator fault.. I can decare you can do 107kms, well maybe a little more on a single charge in 993 TTS. 

No aircon , no radio , very little indicator and almost no brake pedal , I did zoom for a few 140km/hr squirts to run the car down the hill top the cooling fans kicking in 

:) 

Nice one!

I can confirm that you can get about 5km at night time, in the cold and rain in a 928S......

I popped the driver's side mirror off to get at the loose mounting screw.   I discovered it's a heated mirror but there's no switch for it inside.  Anyone know how these are activated?

I also discovered I'm not the first to get into it. There was a big wad of tape wrapped around the wiring.

HmTZDh.jpg

7C91077F-BFB8-434B-AD36-11DD8DF415B5.jpg

Edited by Harvs11