What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Since it was always the plan with the SC, I made a start on backdating it yesterday. I was going to wait till I had all the bits, but I'm impatient, so I bought a rear glass bumper from Buik Motorworks, got home, pulled the original bumper off, then grabbed the grinder to cut the reflector panel off and have a crack at doing it myself (after consultation with someone who has done it before). All up 2.5 hours from start to finish (sans paint). After the SC bumper is removed, all you have to do is cut off the reflector panel (carefully), impact tubes and ya done. Must say it's a pretty easy job (when you consult someone who has done it before prior to grabbing the grinder) that you work out as go. 

Coupla weeks and I should have the front bumper from Sydney and signal boxes (that attach to SC guards) from rennspd.com

Here's the end result after the non matching rattle can silver

20170902_193944.jpg

Finished the rear end transformation after painting with the correct colour and 3 coats of clear. Being as my car isn't perfect paint wise, I'm very happy with the results for my first go at this sorta thing (to my standards anyway). Front bumper here this week and hopefully the indicator boxes and grilles the week after

20170908_221538.jpg

From my garage: Oil change, filter (oil, air, pollen) change, last week. Cleaning of the throttle box as well.

bc911-1505117503-U515.jpg

Air filter wasn't too bad at all, apart from a few bugs:

bc911-1505117620-U515.jpg

bc911-1505117577-U515.jpg

Got some new rear tyres today, Michelin Pilot Super Sport (295R30/19). Not N rated, but a newer design and overall better tyre than the PS2s (that are N rated).

RWC done today too, passed with flying colours!

bc911-1505117697-U515.jpg

bc911-1505117795-U515.jpg

Next: spark plugs!!

Got some new rear tyres today, Michelin Pilot Super Sport (295R30/19). Not N rated, but a newer design and overall better tyre than the PS2s (that are N rated).

I'm up for new tyres now too. Has to be michelin but not sure if I go with older n rated PS2 or newer non n rated Pilot Sport 4 S. Any reason you didn't go for the newer 4 S instead of Super Sport?

I'm up for new tyres now too. Has to be michelin but not sure if I go with older n rated PS2 or newer non n rated Pilot Sport 4 S. Any reason you didn't go for the newer 4 S instead of Super Sport?

I have PSS's on the Boxster that I really like - very versatile and good in rain too. Didn't need more and could get them for a good price, so I went with the same. If you can get 4S's for a good price, I'd say go for it. They're the newer generation and I think they're even N rated. How much can you get them for?

FYI

I have PSS's on the Boxster that I really like - very versatile and good in rain too. Didn't need more and could get them for a good price, so I went with the same. If you can get 4S's for a good price, I'd say go for it. They're the newer generation and I think they're even N rated. How much can you get them for?

I think I'll give them a try. Not n rated in the sizes I need (235 35 19 and 265 35 19), but they do come in higher load rating than Porsche spec. Price I have for 4 fully fitted is $1,480 which I think is pretty good.

I think I'll give them a try. Not n rated in the sizes I need (235 35 19 and 265 35 19), but they do come in higher load rating than Porsche spec. Price I have for 4 fully fitted is $1,480 which I think is pretty good.

Yeah, indeed - I read in the meantime that the actual N rating of PS4's was present for some sizes but not others. Go figure... Would be a pitty to stick to the old PS2's just for the N sticker. Careful though that a higher load rating will yield a firmer ride. Might be worth comparing with your current tyres. Pricing looks about right B)

Might be worth checking with COSTCO, I think they do the supply and fitting of Michelin's and apparently from all who have purchased from them, they are very happy with the price and service.

Only down side is that they (well here in Melb) do not do wheel alignments, so that would have to be done after fitting elsewhere.

Probably worth a phone call..

Might be worth checking with COSTCO, I think they do the supply and fitting of Michelin's and apparently from all who have purchased from them, they are very happy with the price and service.

Only down side is that they (well here in Melb) do not do wheel alignments, so that would have to be done after fitting elsewhere.

Probably worth a phone call..

I bought my Michelins for the Boxster from Costco at about 30% cheaper than most other places I called.

Costco globally is Michelin's single largest customer so that probably helps.  and the $600 i saved definitely covered the wheel alignment B)

Took the children to the swing park , Oh and to add to the tyre discussion , both wearing newish shoes .. dry road its Cup2s for my vote in the GT , but have PS4 on the other and they totally transformed the car , feels amazing .. both dry and wet.. its like new suspension in the old girlFullSizeRender-9_zpsuokrxc1y.jpg

I love getting new shoes! Picked up new rubber and a decent wheel alignment with a touch more neggy. 

Ended up going with the Michelin PS2 N2's which on first impressions feel great. The main reason for going with these over the PS4S was the N2 rating and the need to have the car inspected for the two year warranty extension. Have heard this can be a sticking point come warranty renewal so played it safe. 

A big recommendation for Bob Jane T-Marts in Bondi Junction and the manager there Greg. I've had some bad experiences with Tyre places in the past, so I'm super cautious now. Greg was excellent, very knowledgable, good prices and he took special care of my lightweight 19's too. The freshest rubber I've ever had on a car too, they were just off the boat and made just 2 months ago! If you're in Sydney's east I highly recommend them.

Then over to AH for the alignment and a little inspection. Pics from them. Now all set for a little jog tomorrow :D

IMG_6517(1).jpg

IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

I am in the west but would be prepared to travel for quality service and people who respect your pride and joy ..............give us some feedback on what the PS4S are like ,,,They will be my next tire on my  997 s  :cool07:

Will do.....Symsy is obviously a fan of them as well

Took the children to the swing park , Oh and to add to the tyre discussion , both wearing newish shoes .. dry road its Cup2s for my vote in the GT , but have PS4 on the other and they totally transformed the car , feels amazing .. both dry and wet.. its like new suspension in the old girl

I agree Symsy, just the little drive I had yesterday, it is a completely different car.   The ride definitely different and improved.  

Will do.....Symsy is obviously a fan of them as well

I agree Symsy, just the little drive I had yesterday, it is a completely different car.   The ride definitely different and improved.  

I have read a lot about them on other sites all positive feedback ,,,the all round performance tire of choice  ,,,,keen to put a set on my car only problem is the P zero,s are at around 60% left and don,t want to discard them till they have seen full service life .........May be a few track days and burn outs to wear them out ..........:P

I love getting new shoes! Picked up new rubber and a decent wheel alignment with a touch more neggy. 

Ended up going with the Michelin PS2 N2's which on first impressions feel great. The main reason for going with these over the PS4S was the N2 rating and the need to have the car inspected for the two year warranty extension. Have heard this can be a sticking point come warranty renewal so played it safe. 

A big recommendation for Bob Jane T-Marts in Bondi Junction and the manager there Greg. I've had some bad experiences with Tyre places in the past, so I'm super cautious now. Greg was excellent, very knowledgable, good prices and he took special care of my lightweight 19's too. The freshest rubber I've ever had on a car too, they were just off the boat and made just 2 months ago! If you're in Sydney's east I highly recommend them.

Then over to AH for the alignment and a little inspection. Pics from them. Now all set for a little jog tomorrow :D

IMG_6517(1).jpg

IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

God damm (no offence intended to our religious peeps) thats a great looking car, stunning!!!!!