Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

just spent the last 30 minutes reading through that lot (skipped 50%) of it. 

Probably best to give that one a miss gents

A few PFA members getting a name check. Could have sworn your 930 was all stock UNCLE?? ;) 

I am absolutely speechless after reading those two posts ....

I think he should remember what he said numerous times throughout .... I'll NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER sell this car .... I'll sell my daughter before I sell the car!

Maybe it would be safer for all on the road if he sold his daughter .... 

I'm sure the insurance company would have a field day with this one if it was ever involved in an accident .... there is no way they would pay out a claim after seeing all of the "modifications" done to this car.

I would think that 100% transparency to the buyer would be the only way to go and to be able to sleep at night .....

we're on the same page ANF ;)

REALLY LIKE THE SIMPLER 4.5 AND THE PURE LINES..WHY AM I SHOUTING 

if its all there it can easily be fixed up cosmetically  

we need eyes in every state to get the right car it seems 

I think most potential 928 buyers fall into one of two camps: first gen or last gen.

I've just added a manual first gen 928 to the garage - non spoiler/non rub strip visuals, teledials and the (non interference) 4.5. 

Well... $150k is the number the seller would need to pay someone to take it... it probably needs that and some to make it "right" 

How about a track hack anyone? 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131630443270?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$45k seems reasonable if it checks out. 

Edited by edgy

I think most potential 928 buyers fall into one of two camps: first gen or last gen.

I've just added a manual first gen 928 to the garage - non spoiler/non rub strip visuals, teledials and the (non interference) 4.5. 

I love the style and shape and "simplicity" of the first 4.5, but I would probably go for an S with the extra power and 4 speed (auto) that it has, and I also love the S4 shape and more power....

So I will have one of each please :)

Maybe we should put an Anti Ad up for 20k ..around this blue Turbo car , using the own car pictures, as a community service on ebay and carsales 

I guess we have all bought a story , im sympathetic to the grammar and spelling being dyslexic ;)

I publicly hereby appologise for my tipping and spilling mistakes on this forum.. if we however  we happen to crash it each other it will always be your fault..always and your poor driving OK..if you over take me, Know I let you or your having a lucky streak lets be clear .

Now enough of that , lets get serious here or people will think the worlds gone mad ..surely there must be some other overpriced porsches to discuss this morning

Edited by symsy
added something

I still freak out everytime I see a Targa so expensive :(  at weltmeisters it appears... nice clean car too.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/OAG-AD-11944738/?Cr=4

I'm now starting to see that you were on to something years ahead of us "know it all's" .....

Targa's are the new coupe .... who knew? (except you) ...

I still freak out everytime I see a Targa so expensive :(  at weltmeisters it appears... nice clean car too.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/OAG-AD-11944738/?Cr=4

Crikey. Mine has 30k less km on than that one and must be one of the first G series cars sold in Oz (built Jan 87). Must make it worth $100k :rolleyes:

I'm now starting to see that you were on to something years ahead of us "know it all's" .....

Targa's are the new coupe .... who knew? (except you) ...

Yeh doesnt help me much given I didn't buy one...

Targas have always been more popular in the US, now its caught  up here.

I stumbled across a dumped 911 Targa around 1977, no wheels, sitting on tyres, targa top missing the canvas so water has been running straight into the cabin, amazing '70s retro color...rust in every panel...  made me :(  to see something that I'd love soooo much just dumped, like it was a datsun .. apparently the owner has been coming back to collect it, and  saying that every year or so when he shows up. Then leaves the car there.

There should be an RSPCA equivalent for dumped neglected cars!   :P

Edited by amanda

I wouldn't necessarily say they are more popular or price adjusting, rather the coupe's are extending price wise and pulling others up with them.  

Completely agree. Targas have their own appeal but there is a reason why coupes are more desirable. Just the reality of a desperate air cooled market frenzy, it seems that cabs aren't immune to it either. 

With a few SC's and other cars sitting , Duttons , Autohaus etc etc , are we not seeing the edge of the bubble/veil?

These guys generally only deal in the cream of the cars around and have their dealer tax admittedly , but is it not indicative of the limits..

Mostly you could say  we most of best of the best cars in market form these guys.. good inspections .. reputations to keep , yet some of these cars are starting to sit

When you think what happens in the first 30 mins of a hot priced or looking car private car.. 3 days or even 3 weeks is an eternity is it not?

They will probably get their money , these guys rarely get burnt, but I see this as the edge of pricing.

Or has the stock maket flutters stalled things maybe clearance rates on house sales are up and people may be dumping or investing

The big question...

^^^^

Reversed direction, declining a fraction last week after speculation the RBA might lower rates and with mixed economic numbers out of both cabriolets & targas. The week began with the pair making its weekly high of $179,000 on Monday after comments from RBA Deputy Governor Phillip Lowe, who said in a speech that, “What we can be sure of is that we will be best placed to take advantage of our strong fundamentals if our economy is flexible and if it is able to adapt to the changing world in which we find ourselves.” The pair then declined sharply on Tuesday despite Australian NAB Business Confidence printing at 5 compared to a previous reading of 1. On Wednesday the rate rallied after making its weekly low of $50,000 as Australian Westpac Consumer Sentiment printed at +4.2% versus a previous reading of -5.6% and after dismal U.S. Retail Sales and PPI data. Thursday saw the pair extend its gains despite Australian Employment Change showing a decline of -5.1K compared to an expected increase of +7.2K, while MI Inflation Expectations increased to +3.5% from a previous +3.2%. The pair then declined on Friday after the RBA Financial Stability Review noted that, “Higher debt, fiscal pressure and political instability have been compounding factors for some emerging markets. With the first US Federal Reserve policy interest rate increase since 2006 in prospect in the period ahead, the risk remains that this combination of factors could trigger a sharp repricing in markets where for several years investors have been searching for yield.” Aircooled cabriolets went on to close at $105,000.00

Last week dealers for watercooled were being bullish listing 997 RS at $425,000, however the short term rally is over as RS stocks opened at $350,000 this week. 

Hard to tell Symsy. On the other side is it a price correction to an extent? Have they been cheap for too long?

I’m going to list my car in a few months to scratch my build a AC Cobra from umm well scratch itch, so I can ask 150k right??