Home built Hot Rod

MFX

My FB stalking skills aren't so good.  Got a video link?

I can't find it either at the moment, but I will edit my video soon and post that up, with Jack's footage and mine.

Jack posted on his facebook. there is clearly a dude in the passenger seat. When I inquired whether he had an Aussi on board he replied - "yep, a home built one"

I don't know why but I find it amazing that you can use a sewing machine. Anybody can use power tools, but a sewing machine? That's some next level shit. Great video once again.

To be honest. When I started this project I knew I wanted to do everything myself. The interior was the most daunting to me, but it is like everything else. Just sit down and learn it and it is not really that difficult in the end.

There is an attachment for the sewing machine that will roll the edges as you sew.

Too late ??

I could have also gotten an overlocker, but it is all about where you stop. I suppose my thing is, if I can do it with what I have then I will struggle through. I would really prefer to have a walking foot sewing machine, as my one doesn't do the really big stitches that you see on most automotive double stitching, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Garry, remember him? The mate that does everything himself, like you, he has the attachment and bought a roll of edging, so does everything in one movement.  He did my "froot" carpets, just to show me how it works.....and have a play.

You two have got to meet one day !!

I don't know why but I find it amazing that you can use a sewing machine. Anybody can use power tools, but a sewing machine? That's some next level shit. Great video once again.

Sewing machine is just another power tool.  There's no mystique attached to using one, my seamstress Mum taught me to sew with an old Singer when I was a kid.    Learn the basics and with practice progress to more complex tasks.  There is a bit of gender based stigma with sewing.  Probably based on the tradition of women sewing clothes at home. More industrial sewing (upholstery, car trimming) is typically done by men due to the more physical nature of handling hides and heavy work pieces.  

Sewing machine is just another power tool.  There's no mystique attached to using one, my seamstress Mum taught me to sew with an old Singer when I was a kid.    Learn the basics and with practice progress to more complex tasks.  There is a bit of gender based stigma with sewing.  Probably based on the tradition of women sewing clothes at home. More industrial sewing (upholstery, car trimming) is typically done by men due to the more physical nature of handling hides and heavy work pieces.  

I think it also goes from guys being into cars and end up in jobs working on them. Same as straight male hairdressers I suppose. You do have barbers who are male, but women, who are into hair, etc, wind up in those jobs...

Just take it to the Pack man at Moorebank I am sure you had gear worked on by him and his dope smokin mate when you were at 4 CDO Jeff :D

Haha, yes that is right. I forgot about that :D 

I think it also goes from guys being into cars and end up in jobs working on them. Same as straight male hairdressers I suppose. You do have barbers who are male, but women, who are into hair, etc, wind up in those jobs...

Then how do you explain Boxster drivers?