Home built Hot Rod

MFX

a "box opening" video coming up? 

The box opening was pretty boring, as it was almost completely assembled. I have already set it up with the shop vac' to keep the dust in check. I am very happy with the results it gets. Thankfully my compressor handles the job nicely.

My guess is you will be pulling out the suspension arms ,,torsion bars ,sway bars and every thing and any thing  you can think off cleaning up like new ,they do a great job ..............Enjoy :D 

Not until I have it on the road at least. I plan on doing the suspension after I see how it drives, rather than just doing things and having no idea what it has actually done.

Jeff

Are you going to paint the calipers?

I forgot. I may still go back and paint them in the high temp silver, just so they don't get so disgusting. I am not sure that red or purple would really be something I want.

Hey Jeff, have you seen the sound pad 'neateners' for 964/993? Don't know that they will fit pre '89 cars but could be easy to fab one up:

http://www.world964owners.com/single-post/2015/02/12/TIDY-UP-YOUR-ENGINE-BAY-LOW-COST-MOD

I have seen them, and I am trying to work out gow to get mine to sit better without covering it up. I am thinking I will try to run a piece of wire behind the stitched edge, so it can sit straight without being hidden...

Not bad for a sewing episode ;).

Well hopefully this week I should get most of the panels finally fitted up. I finally got a call that my oil lines are ready, so all of that should be able to be fitted to the car, so you won't have to endure another sewing episode :P 

Edited by MFX

Keep smiling Jeff.  We have all done it.  All will be fixed soon and life will go on.  How long before the engine arrives?

The engine parts are coming along, but I think it will still be some time yet unfortunately. Heads and case are done, and the crank is repaired. Still waiting on pistons, and cylinders to come back. The casting Neil wanted to use for the base of the cylinders, Mahle only go down to a 93mm, and I need a 92. They made a test one and tried to turn it down, but it wasn't up to scratch. The cams have been designed to perfectly match the engine, and it looks like we may have a sponsor coming on board for the ECU. 

It is getting there, but with everything custom, it takes time.

Ummm, how are you going to fill the washer bottle ?  90 degree or flex filler hose ?

Just asking' :blink:

You are spot on. I will have to use a funnel, or I may try to find some way to put a 90 degree bend in the end of it, to make it easier. For now it is not a priority.

Jeff,

I have been following every episode, loving your work.

Sorry to see the mishap this week, but it reminded me of a race 911 I had seen that had glass guards.  It had coped a few stones up in the guard that resulted in the same sort of damage.  Would you consider some sort of internal stone guard or liner? Or is it considered more an issue for cars running sticky slicks?

cheers

Terry

Jeff,

I have been following every episode, loving your work.

Sorry to see the mishap this week, but it reminded me of a race 911 I had seen that had glass guards.  It had coped a few stones up in the guard that resulted in the same sort of damage.  Would you consider some sort of internal stone guard or liner? Or is it considered more an issue for cars running sticky slicks?

cheers

Terry

I hadn't thought of that, but it is a ver good point. Maybe I could stick some thin foam or something in there to protect it, but I think sticky tires would cause the most damage.