LS1 GT2 911 Build

MrRPJ

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Tried ordering a Hargett? ???

Very nice bit of kit though 

No luck Lee or just bad customer service?

31 minutes ago, MFX said:

Looking good Reece. You are on track to be on the road way before I am.

I dont think so mate. Interior will be finished this weekend and the cooling system is done. But i say the motor and rewire will take a little while then Ill have to iron out a few bugs. Im also going to have a crack at fitting a 964 windscreen 

24 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I see your a v8 man very nice. You need a ls 911 too 

11 minutes ago, MrRPJ said:

No luck Lee or just bad customer service?

I dont think so mate. Interior will be finished this weekend and the cooling system is done. But i say the motor and rewire will take a little while then Ill have to iron out a few bugs. Im also going to have a crack at fitting a 964 windscreen 

I see your a v8 man very nice. You need a ls 911 too 

L98 SS Ute count? :P

@MrRPJ They only build a few when they get enough orders. I contacted them last year, and they said they need 15 orders or something crazy like that, then sent me a different price to what's on their website, then you have to add the shift rod to the price. Freight was crazy too, and think it ended up being nearly $2000AUD all up. Pass! 

54 minutes ago, MrRPJ said:

Just make sure you get a genuine rubber ;) 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

@MrRPJ They only build a few when they get enough orders. I contacted them last year, and they said they need 15 orders or something crazy like that, then sent me a different price to what's on their website, then you have to add the shift rod to the price. Freight was crazy too, and think it ended up being nearly $2000AUD all up. Pass! 

Oh thats piss poor. Maybe I should get a second hand one and copy it here at work. Have you looked for a used on on pelican? 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Just make sure you get a genuine rubber ;) 

Yeah I will be. Im doing it for the nicer screen with the black tint at top and the rubber with no metal trim 

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

L98 SS Ute count? :P

haha it does if you pull the motor from said ute and fit it to klassssy:P

19 minutes ago, MrRPJ said:

Oh thats piss poor. Maybe I should get a second hand one and copy it here at work. Have you looked for a used on on pelican? 

I haven't looked lately, as the prices scared me off. There is a mob on Instagram, ROCS MOTORSPORT who fitted one to a customers car. Bit of mucking around with it to use the stock 911 handbrake, but you might be ok with your build. They look awesome, but no idea how good they are

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, MFX said:

Fantastic work. It is really starting to come together.

Although with the AMG in the background looking light in the front, are you thinking of a different V8 swap? :ph34r:

Haha, I wish. to get the car engineered here the limit is weight x5 for an aspirated engine and turbos or superchargers are x2.5 so the biggest I can go is a 5.8l so I fit the biggest i could a 5.7. My Benz is a 5.5l supercharged haha it would blow drive shafts, boxes and prob rip the mounts out of the floor its a real animal.  

Originally I was going to run a non-supercharged version of my motor the M113 but its a can bus system and too much of a wiring nightmare. so that's why it doest have a euro v8. The LS is small, lighter than a 3.0, and plug and play with a stack of aftermarket bits from sumps to intake manifolds. The Benz was up because it sucked in an oring in from the timing cover and mixed the radiator with the sump. it looked like a blown headgasket. 1 week later and i had it fully rebuilt and back in

3d4wRJr.jpgZkaUS2e.jpg5DGxkjL.jpg7oMqOQu.jpgIKRypPk.jpgcDfmpXG.jpgvzhssmO.jpgA0d7vsL.jpg

All fixed a week later and a few bloody knuckles

• 2 weeks later...

New big brake kit arrived from rebel racing and man their stuff is nice. ill do a video review on these soon. 

ogviTFv.jpg

ITS IN!!!!!!!! hanging on its own. Next step the cooling system. Ill alloy pipe it all the way. 

mH01xNd.jpg

UtNl2k7.jpgthe car needs to come up about an inch. once i pull the motor for a rebuild ill fit the rear hump sump. it will sit 140mm from the ground and have a bash plate covering it like i did with the gear box 

• 2 weeks later...

More updates, isnt that cradle a sexy bit of gear. Makes dropping the motor and box a 30 min job. All alloy hard lines have be made, Davies craig water pump installed, And the biggest heaviest AGM battery i could find installed. 40kgs actually! Mainly for having a big capacity for electric AC 

WXyJoHt.jpg

6ypAe9f.jpg

RfEaL46.jpg

oNlWIc4.jpg

kS25U9b.jpg

rXIJDjF.jpg

1 hour ago, clutch-monkey said:

Why do you need a big battery for electric ac? I don't remember having to change mine when I did it on e9- just the alternator

A few reasons. First is weight to the front I'm trying add. 

Secondly, it's better to have a decent supply of power then run short then rely on the alternator to make up for the loss. same as better have money in the bank then live week to week. In case you have a big draw.

I'll also be running the 993 HIDs and big electric fuel pump and 8 high output coils and a bigger electric ac compressor, twin 10" thermos and high output waterpump with computer controller and I'm not to sure if I want to tint my windows yet so I want a compressor that's overkill then not enough and have average ac

Thirdly it was on sale at a great price 850cca AGM for $300

20 hours ago, Fraz said:

Not your oil though. :P

Nope air cools my oil cooler as well. 

54 minutes ago, Coastr said:

That rad is a monster

Yeah i was trying to get away with only running one radiator that looked like a stock oil cooler through the bar. Besides the ls motor I’m trying to keep the car looking all Porsche and not a Frankenstein. Hopefully it does the job

Archived