Tangerine '70 T targa resto

rafikdous

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the genius who worked on the car before, decided that only one handbrake expander is needed on the left side and just replaced the other one with a washer!!!

I ordered one from Porsche, pick it up tomorrow so I can finish the other side and start bleeding the system

IMG_8529.jpg

Got some weird part from Porsche today, no idea what it is. The part number is correct for the h/brake expanding bow but the part inside is a rubber strip!!

Will go in tomorrow to sort it outIMG_8541.jpg

I wasn't happy with how the rear brake lines turned out so pulled them from the main line in the tunnel backwards and started again

IMG_8632.jpg

Bloody difficult to not cross thread the brake nuts when there is no sensation in your figures  whatsoever. 1 deg this morning

IMG_8633.png

Anyway, all lines are done and happy with them so now to bleeding the ststem

new pads, replated pins and new clips

IMG_8635.jpg

Bit of a set back with the brakes unfortunately

After fitting everything including the reco'd master cylinder

Used my trusted pneumatic bleeder to bleed the system

IMG_8644.jpg 

All good so far except even after completely bleeding the system, no pressure whatsoever at the pedal

Checked everything twice and three times, still nothing

Off the master cylinder came which is a complete pain in the royal a#$@. Took it to the braking place, bore is shot and will need re-sleeving

So nothing will happen brake wise for a week

On the "bright" side, picked up some more parts from the plating place. Looking great

IMG_8645.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Master cylinder is back and in place now. Bled the system but still have spongy pedal. So will need to do more bleeding

IMG_8807.jpg

Been tidying up the wiring in the engine bay and fitting the tail lights

IMG_8812.jpg

How many different parts does it take to put a bumper together??

seriously Porsche went overboard with this a little. And that's not even all. The end caps aren't included in the picture!!

IMG_8857.jpg

Here is how I am doing it

masking tape then marketed the edge of the guard on it. Will remove the bumper again then cut the inside part of the tape then stick the rubber along the inside of the line

IMG_8875.jpg

Archived