GT4 - Phillip Island

Snowman

It's honestly faster than I thought it would be. I'd previously guessed if I put a perfect lap together it would net a low 1.46, but to do a mid 45 and still not be perfect was a surprise. I literally only did 2 fast laps for the whole day - I have no doubt I can go quicker this weekend.

Awesome little cars.

It's honestly faster than I thought it would be. I'd previously guessed if I put a perfect lap together it would net a low 1.46, but to do a mid 45 and still not be perfect was a surprise. I literally only did 2 fast laps for the whole day - I have no doubt I can go quicker this weekend.

Awesome little cars.

You just need a heart rate monitor on the live feed, I'm feeling there is a little bit more to squeeze out of it yet. ;)

It has a track alignment. I've already thrown 4mm of rear toe at it to try and calm it down under brakes - but it's just the nature of the beast. The GT4 CS race cars run 6mm toe for this reason.

But I'm getting used to it now though so it doesn't really bother me too much. I used to want to kill me with the factory alignment - now it just dances a little which is ok.

It has a track alignment. I've already thrown 4mm of rear toe at it to try and calm it down under brakes - but it's just the nature of the beast. The GT4 CS race cars run 6mm toe for this reason.

But I'm getting used to it now though so it doesn't really bother me too much. I used to want to kill me with the factory alignment - now it just dances a little which is ok.

4mm total toe in I assume!  A little bit of movement under braking is always good, keeps us on our toes, which is how a GT car is supposed to be :)

EDIT: do these have an electronic or mechanical diff?

Wow that's impressive for essentially a standard road car.  Just shows how good those things are out of the box.m Seems to have plenty of grip through Stoner and hay shed, are you flat or just a tiny lift?  Just seems so smooth, nicely done.  

Seems to have plenty of grip through Stoner and hay shed, are you flat or just a tiny lift? 

I thought the same. Ballsy to be flat through Stoner! That always scared the crap out of me on the superbike

^^ Not on road tyres. lol

I'm not even sure a 1.44 is possible. Still - before today I wouldn't have thought a 1.45 was.

But I'm going to try out some Hooisers R7 "slicks" this weekend - so 43's are on the cards with those.

^^ Not on road tyres. lol

I'm not even sure a 1.44 is possible. Still - before today I wouldn't have thought a 1.45 was.

But I'm going to try out some Hooisers R7 "slicks" this weekend - so 43's are on the cards with those.

I assume you're at the PIARC sprint this weekend? Shame I can't get there, I'd love to chase you around the track and follow your lines, turn 2 is my nemesis.  I've done 1:45.8 in the RX7 on A050s but I have a sneaky set of slicks that I havent been game to try.....yet.  I like hunting Exoticars.....

Well done, that must have been a blast, thanks for sharing

Any other mods? 

Only mods are camber shims, toe links, Cargraphics headers and DSC controller.  

I assume you're at the PIARC sprint this weekend? Shame I can't get there, I'd love to chase you around the track and follow your lines, turn 2 is my nemesis.  I've done 1:45.8 in the RX7 on A050s but I have a sneaky set of slicks that I havent been game to try.....yet.  I like hunting Exoticars.....

yep PIARC. I have Blaise (Teutonic) coming over from Perth with his fancy RSR replica for a battle. Will be some fun!

Archived