[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

DOC_Sandown_039-05.screen.thumb.jpg.a491

Whether you’re an experienced trackday driver, or wondered what it would be like to drive your pride and joy in the manner for which it was designed, PFA_TRACKDAY.01 is for you!

Whether driving solo, or under expert supervision, individual in-car tuition will be available throughout the day  to improve your existing skills, or give you real-time instructions in the basics of performance driving. 

Bring the family and a picnic - limited pizza options available on site. 

PFA Track Day will feature:

- Non timed sessions

- Passengers allowed (over the age of 12) 

- 'Sabine’s Squad' will enjoy female only sessions  

Safety gear and requirements, along with other info, will be emailed to participants closer to the event. How to Prep Your Car info night to be held in Melbourne Late JAN. Details will be confirmed at a later date.

Track Day Details:

When: Sunday the 12th of February, 2017

Time: Early (AM), but TBC
Where: Sandown Racecourse

Drivers must be Financial Members only,  and there are limited spots available. To secure your spot, go to the PFA Store - Events section to put down a $100 Deposit. Total cost will be $365, and must be paid by Friday January 27th or your place will be forfeited.

There is no fee for passengers.

We also want to ensure that all cars on track on the day are Porsches.

Additional information is available through the store on the Deposit Ticket item - linked HERE

UPDATED INFO REGARDING DATE CHANGES:

AS ABOVE, TRACK DAY IS NOW ON THE SUNDAY 12TH OF FEB, AND CONFIRMATION DAY IS NOW FRIDAY 27TH OF JAN

DRIVERS HAVE BEEN EMAILED SO IF YOU'RE CONFUSED ABOUT YOUR DEPOSIT, CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

CONFIRMED GOING:

Kerry, Hugh, Mike737 (organising committee), Poli84, PorkChops, Gut, BAFE, James (?), Troy997.1,  Steve88, Macca, Ozvino, TrevMcRev, polorot, Midnight 911, Skidmarks, pkulpa, LOUDK, KGB,  Simonk, time, D911SC, NiX, Robert930, jamesb, T-Man, D-Banger, James P, FAP911, Mike-S, JB, Terry458, P-Kay

Edited by Orlando

Can you bring more than one car for the one entry?

will also try and get the guys at Werks RRR to come and support. 

Bring them all! (Entry is per driver, not per car).

If werks are interesting in becoming involved, get them to PM me...

Can i bring a cup car whats the noise limit? are garages available?

James lll have to get back to you, I would have thought it would be as it is for any weekend re noise levels,  but I'll ask the question. Cup car... lucky basket! 

Garages are available on the day paid directly to Sandown...

Yolo. Deposit paid ???? Hopefully somone will be kind enough to jump in with me and give me some tips. Looking forward to it. 

Steve we'll have tuition on the day from trackday introduction driving through to experienced. We're also looking to host an evening in a pcar workshop which will outline how to prep your car for the track (which with porsches isn't usually that much), but things like fluids and pads, tire condition and pressures, secondary bonnet tie-down etc etc Standby for details, but it'll be around two weeks before.

Hi Kerry.

I've checked with the guys at Werks RRR and they'd be more than happy to put on a night/Sat morning (?) about car prep. as well as showing people around some of the race and project cars they've got under way.  

They'd also like to support the event in any way posssible and if you like can supply some end of day "refreshments" as one of their bigger customers runs a winery ... !!

For my part, Steve 88 I'm more than happy to pass on tips and even take people for a skid (pardon the pun) in my car. I'm happy to thrash other people's cars but I'd rather teach in something I know. 

I'd try and organise the 11 Cup Car (if there is a noise limit I'd fit the "quiet" muffler ...?), a few IROC's, the 991 GT3 RS, GT2 and a few others and their owners who have 70's, 80's and 90's P cars, various GT3's and GroupS cars.

Werks RRR have also said they'd bring their transporter to add a bit of color and variety.  

PM me with your number and I'll call you.  

Count in RockRed as a starter. He's not a member yet but he will be and I've assigned him this name. 

Can i bring a cup car whats the noise limit? are garages available?

I have ZERO authority but abso-freakin-lutely you can bring a cup car!

#becausecupcar

And please, please please please tell me there is no requirement for a current victorian drivers license....

#becausenotapublicroad

#itsatrackffs

#iamgoingcrazynotdriving

#ifyoucandriveacupcaryoudontneednolicenseanyway

#whyamispeakinginhashtags?

#thatsenoughredwinefortonight

Edited by TrevMcRev

I have ZERO authority but abso-freakin-lutely you can bring a cup car!

#becausecupcar

And please, please please please tell me there is no requirement for a current victorian drivers license....

#becausenotapublicroad

#itsatrackffs

#iamgoingcrazynotdriving

#ifyoucandriveacupcaryoudontneednolicenseanyway

#whyamispeakinginhashtags?

#thatsenoughredwinefortonight

You're suspended from driving on public roads. not a race track. ;) Go get your "fix" 

Also this is friggen awesome to see the PFA finally do a track day!! Get those bloody hoons off the roads. 
I probably won't be there.  90% chance i'll be working. 

Edited by Pauly