[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

1. A current valid drivers licence is required to participate. (sorry Trev, happy to refund... :( Mrs McRev?! In the Cayenne beastia?!)

2. Cup cars are fine, however there is a 75db noise limit on ALL cars participating. (mufflers look like being required ;))

What sort of drivers license? L2S? Clubman? National Race? International? 

Makes absolutely zero sense that entirely illegal to drive on the road Cup Cars are ok...as long as you have a road drivers license to drive them on a closed race track...

I know... I'll buy Michelle a Cup Car and throw her on the track with y'all for the day with zero experience, what could possibly go wrong...she has a drivers license!

This one's only $50K!  Look out! Coming through guys! Wait, is that the brake or the clutch-ey-thing-a-ma-bob?

99069_990703.jpg

Makes absolutely zero sense that entirely illegal to drive on the road Cup Cars are ok...as long as you have a road drivers license to drive them on a closed race track...

I know... I'll buy Michelle a Cup Car and throw her on the track with y'all for the day with zero experience, what could possibly go wrong...she has a drivers license!

This one's only $50K!  Look out! Coming through guys! Wait, is that the brake or the clutch-ey-thing-a-ma-bob?

99069_990703.jpg

Very good point you make TRev!

99069_990703.jpg

Trev it's not about the car (or variation of...), it's about the fact that a current drivers licence is required to cover the driver in question, as well as the other drivers. In your case, very annoying, but in general - hard but fair.

Edited by Kerry

LEGEND!

(you know its was a single Sydney sider that came down for the Federation Square Show and Shine event, and took it out, so..... no pressure there! LOL!)

Now I know Rob is coming, I have no bloody chance! 

It would be great to see old mate Paddington cutting some laps out on the track. @turboT the call has been put out, a Sydney convoy could be an idea? @Robert930 I'm sure would be keen, fortunately it's not timed so he wouldn't be able to demolish us too much! :lol:

I believe Rob might have already signed up mate. The call was out today, but we have a tassie trip that will bring us down your way soon (u coming on that?)

Excuses, excuses... not OTLW enough for your plates ^^ :P 

In....now how do I get from Sydney to Sandown with 3.5 degrees of negative camber and not chop up my tyres.....

We may need to seek some local help if anyone can help out the Sydney contingent? 

Maybe not 40db (definitely not if measured from 30m away) but it's got some bark when you're on it!

I can vouch for the bark, the sound is stored in the aural memory section of my brain, where ever that may be???

Would love to be doing this, am working on some serious negotiation with the family as they are preferring a weekend at the beach house...............may have to up the bribery stakes, suggestions welcome............. 

Trev it's not about the car (or variation of...), it's about the fact that a current drivers licence is required to cover the driver in question, as well as the other drivers. In your case, very annoying, but in general - hard but fair.

I know it's not your call Kerry...  I've looked into other "drive days" for my "fix" and same thing.  

However I don't see the "fair" part as I don't see the relevance of the public road driving license to driving on closed race tracks.

I would if it were a case of a low level road car only event of some type and it's required purely to tick some kind of insurance box.

But to be able to run unregisterable race cars that don't require a road drivers license to drive on a race track in a race, but do need a road drivers license in this case doesn't make much sense...  So Mark Webber could have the highest level FIA license and be able to race Lemans in a 919, but if he didn't have a current road drivers license he couldn't drive anything at a drive day....because obviously there is a risk that he may be incompetent at driving...and that could be dangerous.  But Michelle in a Cup Car is fine...because she has a drivers license it will be perfectly safe for her to be on track alongside people in cars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars...

I think I need to skip past "drive days" and go to proper track days where a Cams license is more important than a Drivers License...

And what more evidence could you possibly need that I can drive fastly? I have the Court documents to prove it! :P

I know it's not your call Kerry...  I've looked into other "drive days" for my "fix" and same thing.  

However I don't see the "fair" part as I don't see the relevance of the public road driving license to driving on closed race tracks.

I would if it were a case of a low level road car only event of some type and it's required purely to tick some kind of insurance box.

But to be able to run unregisterable race cars that don't require a road drivers license to drive on a race track in a race, but do need a road drivers license in this case doesn't make much sense...  So Mark Webber could have the highest level FIA license and be able to race Lemans in a 919, but if he didn't have a current road drivers license he couldn't drive anything at a drive day....because obviously there is a risk that he may be incompetent at driving...and that could be dangerous.  But Michelle in a Cup Car is fine...because she has a drivers license it will be perfectly safe for her to be on track alongside people in cars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars...

I think I need to skip past "drive days" and go to proper track days where a Cams license is more important than a Drivers License...

And what more evidence could you possibly need that I can drive fastly? I have the Court documents to prove it! :P

Maybe you could go in disguise.

Image result for Dastardly Disguise

Edited by Airhead

Trev, you know I love you, BUT base-line for these days has to be a current driver's license, otherwise who knows who turns up both from an identity point of view and also basic driving standards (Yes, I know the 2nd reason is horse poop...but..)  And yes, you should be exempt, but sadly you're not, caught in the net like a dolphin.

c1dc6f132be3a34ad92a9c89fca77420.jpg

Trev, you know I love you, BUT base-line for these days has to be a current driver's license, otherwise who knows who turns up both from an identity point of view and also basic driving standards (Yes, I know the 2nd reason is horse poop...but..)  And yes, you should be exempt, but sadly you're not, caught in the net like a dolphin.

I see your Identity check and trip around the block and reverse parking test i did when 18yo and raise you a Passport & Cams National License...

I love you too snookums ;)

I should probably be over in the Vent thread by now....  Again I know it is not the organisers doing so no hard feelings toward anyone here.

But where iz ze dolphin?

Edited by TrevMcRev

When it's a"driver training day" and there are registered vehicles involved, if someone is injured the TAC become involved and that is why all participants need to be licensed. I was  peripherally involved in an incident at a "rider training day" at P.I.  as both someone involved in the incident, and an organizer,and had no idea that the TAC would be even remotely interested in someone injured on a racetrack-until their Legal department started making demands.

Edited by StevepGT3

Hi, i have a near new 04 996 Cup that ill be running in the club next year.. will we see your RS next year?

Look forward to seeing how it goes!! Definitely a good choice with the H pattern gearbox!

Yeah I'll most likely use it next year

ROAD TRIIIIIIP!!!! Ok ok, I'll take ya dads car if I have to! 

(I'd love to buy a passenger ride in a cup car too)

Road trip would be a goer! I don't think I can make it work though, receptionist has stuffed up my scheduling and it's looking like i'm snowed under that Friday :wacko:

Road trip would be a goer! I don't think I can make it work though, receptionist has stuffed up my scheduling and it's looking like i'm snowed under that Friday :wacko:

That's cool mate. I'll just have to tow your car with ya dads TT!  Can you sort a tow bar in time? ;-) 

In all seriousness, if the planets align I'll try to be there as a spectator and try to blag a ride in a cup car. I could also catch up with a coupla mates at Dakdak cafe. See how I go anyway

That's cool mate. I'll just have to tow your car with ya dads TT!  Can you sort a tow bar in time? ;-) 

In all seriousness, if the planets align I'll try to be there as a spectator and try to blag a ride in a cup car. I could also catch up with a coupla mates at Dakdak cafe. See how I go anyway

It would be great to have you along, you need to speak with Simon's receptionist and sort it out! :D

It would be great to have you along, you need to speak with Simon's receptionist and sort it out! :D

Can anyone spare a bottle of Grange and some choccies as a sweetener? ;-) 

Will see how I go Hugh. The missus is keen for me to nick off for a few days in the pig, so that's never a stumbling block. Work is another story