[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

Awesome Simon, thank you. So much fun and great reliving it through your vid!

Ditto from me and to @GUT, @Niko of course and others with their write ups & vids, pics.

Sorry, I was only able to pop in for an 1-2hrs, take a quick look and say hi to just a few of you.....  And I missed @symsy again! Didn't know Mr.Tyre Kicker was there in person. 

Maybe next time for the "philbee hotrod" !?  Although, may need to upgrade me brakes, me suspension, me tyres, me exhaust... la la la.... !! 

Thanks everyone. For some reason, the original link I posted started the movie 25 seconds in so if the start looked a little random, that's why. Got it out pretty quickly as I wanted to beat the pros who will likely make my video look very lame :D

Guys - great, great day.  Thanks to all involved in setting this up.

From the minute the gate was passed until I left (one run early due to commitments) this was a great day.  Lots of new faces that I hope to see at future events.

Safe, fast, fun ... what else could you ask for.

Here is my snapshot of the day - Tam has had enough of me showing bits I find interesting so time to share with like minded people!!

Love the helmet cam!

Need to also make a HUGE thank you to all the sponsors of the event! In particular; 

Michael Bailey of Marque Garage Detailing for donating prizes for giveaways (thanks also to @polorot for getting the product to the event!)

Evan from Spirit of Racing for more prizes and givaways 

Boom industries for all the stickers & banners

@Kerry & @Orlando I'm sure will have others to thank too! 

Vic giving it her all down pit straight................you'll need to turn your volume up. :rolleyes:

th_IMG_3898_zpsylgjrkwn.mp4

you married well!  My wife rolls her eyes with disinterest in all things cars and track.  I forced her to go for a ride around the block in the GT2 before it went to a new owner.  After 2 years of ownership, she'd never so much as sat in it.  Short squirt to 4,000rpm, a smidgen of boost action, had her yelling at me to slow down and she got out with pursed lips and a shake of the head.  I'd hate to think what she'd say as a passenger chasing Mark's 968CS or SteveP's GT3 on a blast up Lake Mountain on an SMT...? 

Thankfully she tolerates my passion because cars came before her.....the fact that I made money on the 964 & GT2 improved her tolerance level (don't mention the bills along the way.....)

the kids share her attitude although my last Father's Day card did say "keep racing your bogan car dad"....?

Edited by DJM

you married well!  My wife rolls her eyes with disinterest in all things cars and track.  I forced her to go for a ride around the block in the GT2 before it went to a new owner.  After 2 years of ownership, she'd never so much as sat in it.  Short squirt to 4,000rpm, a smidgen of boost action, had her yelling at me to slow down and she got out with pursed lips and a shake of the head.  I'd hate to think what she'd say as a passenger chasing Mark's 968CS or SteveP's GT3 on a blast up Lake Mountain on an SMT...? 

Thankfully she tolerates my passion because cars came before her.....the fact that I made money on the 964 & GT2 improved her tolerance level (don't mention the bills along the way.....)

the kids share her attitude although my last Father's Day card did say "keep racing your bogan car dad"....?

I too are in the same boat as my better half enjoys  my cars as much as poke in the eye!

Ditto from me and to @GUT, @Niko of course and others with their write ups & vids, pics.

Sorry, I was only able to pop in for an 1-2hrs, take a quick look and say hi to just a few of you.....  And I missed @symsy again! Didn't know Mr.Tyre Kicker was there in person. 

Maybe next time for the "philbee hotrod" !?  Although, may need to upgrade me brakes, me suspension, me tyres, me exhaust... la la la.... !! 

Philbee .. you better get your self down to RSR cars and coffee at the weekend .. i wanna see that machine ;) 

great pic KGB! My wife said (after the track day) 'Ok that's it for cars now'.......I'm thinking it's just the start!!

I'm sorry, but WHAT? My missus knows exactly what retort she would get if she said that to me!

All I'll say is good onya mate, get out there and have FUN. You're only here once

My wife rolls her eyes with disinterest in all things cars and track.  I'd hate to think what she'd say as a passenger chasing Mark's 968CS or SteveP's GT3 on a blast up Lake Mountain on an SMT...? 

Thankfully she tolerates my passion because cars came before her....

I might be married to your wife's sister.   Exact same attitude.:mellow:

Although.....I think she has thrown the towell in and finally realised, if I hadn't changed by now, there is a fair chance it's not going to happen..  

Oh...and forget being a passenger chasing Mark's 968CS, last time I tried to do that I became a rally driver. (and not a very good one at that):o

It was great to see so many wives/partners (+ ladies in general) & family down at the track on Sunday. If nothing more its a sign of encouragement or at a least confirmation of approval for our expensive recreational habits! :ph34r:;):lol:

I did see plenty of ladies getting helmets on and climbing in on the passenger sessions - bring on the new recruits! I would really love to run a "ladies only" session but unfortunately with only 2 we had to merge them in with the rest of you lot. Fortunately I haven't received any complaints from Vic although she did mention there was a certain silver 997 GT3 lurking for a chase! Isn't that right @symsy :D

Love it!  I managed to convince my wife to come for 2 laps in the passenger session.  The look on her face in the video is priceless.  I drove very conservatively but she was still pretty scared.  In the end she had a bit of a laugh but promised she would never do it again!

I might be married to your wife's sister.   Exact same attitude.:mellow:

Although.....I think she has thrown the towell in and finally realised, if I hadn't changed by now, there is a fair chance it's not going to happen..  

Oh...and forget being a passenger chasing Mark's 968CS, last time I tried to do that I became a rally driver. (and not a very good one at that):o

+1 on that wife stuff.....and a daughter with same attitude towards it as mum ......the dog doesn't mind riding shotgun sometimes, best of all he doesn't complain either......

I I’m pretty lucky in the wife dept. (took me 3 goes to get the right one!)

I often refer to my wife on here as SWLTDF *

Whether it’s the twisties or the track she’s always keen to have a go. She recently did an MSCA at Sandown and her mechanic (me:o) didn’t have her race car ready so she drove her Fiat 500 daily driver and scored 3rd O/R in the regularity cracking a 1.56 on her last run. 

*shewholikestodrivefast

Couple track day questions for the regulars;

How do you manage tyre wear over the life of your tyres? The right side copped a hiding on Sunday so to me it makes sense to switch them over to the left if the next track is also anti-clockwise. Or does it all even out over a year if you do say Sandown, Philip Island and Winton?

Any good track day apps worth getting?

Couple track day questions for the regulars;

How do you manage tyre wear over the life of your tyres? The right side copped a hiding on Sunday so to me it makes sense to switch them over to the left if the next track is also anti-clockwise. Or does it all even out over a year if you do say Sandown, Philip Island and Winton?

Any good track day apps worth getting?

Have another set of wheels and track tyres just for that reason Simon.

Slippery Slope.:D

Love this photo. How great they both got to share the experience of the day with you.

Chris, to have an appreciative passenger, a very happy and supportive wife, not to mention a super enthused 4 year old all in one pic makes it special.  These are the memories you carry forever.