[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

This post is a bit belated as its been a pretty hectic week for me, but thanks again to all the organisers, volunteers, photographers, driver dynamics and attendees. It is definitely up there as one of the better track days I've ever attended with tonnes of space on track during the session.

One of my mates attended and took a few shots, here's his gallery http://imgur.com/a/vnSbg

Great shots Mike's mate.

Mike, we have to talk about your pyrotechnics...

Great shots Mike's mate.

Mike, we have to talk about your pyrotechnics...

The AoS was acting up really badly for the first half of the day. It was fine by the second half thankfully. The AoS is a bit of a sore point with me (and yes it's been replaced, hence sore point)

I was right behind him, what do you need to know...

Sorry KGB. I apologized to who was behind me when it happened, didnt realize you were one of them. 

The AoS was acting up really badly for the first half of the day. It was fine by the second half thankfully. The AoS is a bit of a sore point with me (and yes it's been replaced, hence sore point)

Sorry KGB. I apologized to who was behind me when it happened, didnt realize you were one of them. 

My M96 in Boxster S does it pretty much every track day, have deep sump with baffles & replaced AOS twice, still does it. Marshalls give me a hard time every time. I think the only answer is a Motorsport AOS but at the $2k I got quoted I'll grin and bear it for a while.

Mike, stuff happens, no problem.   Have you forgotten completely that we discussed it right after the session it occurred in?!

I'm still coughing though....

I have footage of that - was right behind you, KGB on my tail.

I'll put that video together and post it up if you like.  As I went through a wall of white smoke I was kinda hoping you weren't going to move to the left :)

You and me both, brother.

On reflection, I don't think Sundays track day could have been any better.

As a novice on the track, I couldn't have hoped for an easier introduction to track day participation.

It has all been said before..........Great people, great cars and great times. Thank you everyone.

I was right behind him, what do you need to know...

He seemed to be lacking any external combustion?!  Just the pooof of blue smoke. I thought we paid for a proper pyrocar?!

Next Mike will be dropping tin tacks out the back to stop those pesky, wannabe passing Boxsters!

ywjRFKU.png

Edited by Kerry

I said to my wife "It's either a sports car or a younger woman?" 

She now say's " Your not spending more time with HER are you?"

She did give me the philosophy below though.

Edited by 9fan

You and me both Macca! We're seeing the first draft of the trackday edit in the next couple of days but we're also thinking we might need to add some additional footage etc from a DAK DAK cafe meet on the 4th March to give a fuller overview of the PFA... so realistically, I'd say we're probs about 3-4 weeks from a finished result, but hopefully we can get a teaser clip or two out to quell the unrest in the meantime! 

a DAK DAK cafe meet on the 4th March 

Excellent - I am there. 

Went to DakDak for the first time on the Saturday morning before the track day, sat down with a coffee then the owner (can't remember his name) just sat down with me for a chat (love that kind of atmosphere) so I brought the family back for breakie that morning. :) 

Edited by Macca

Excellent - I am there. 

Went to DakDak for the first time on the Saturday morning before the track day, sat down with a coffee then the owner (can't remember his name) just sat down with me and had a chat (love that kind of atmosphere) so I brought the family back for breakie that morning. :) 

The lovely man you speak of is Ben. Best cafe in Melb mate! ;)

Now that's not a big call....

Find me another cafe that has retro BMX's hanging from the roof, a caravan as a kitchen and countless items of car (especially VW) paraphernalia and I'll retract my statement! BEST CAFE..............EVER! :ph34r::lol:;)

Seriously, if you haven't ventured over south side its worth the trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I know everyone is very excited about our upcoming movie that will include lots of footage from the Track Day, and I'm happy to present a little teaser that we've just put up on YouTube! You'll find it linked below, on the newly minted PFA YouTube Channel, where we are looking to purpose it as a hub for more and more media content involving what all of us love to be involved in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-n7EggkD4

The movie is still in the works in terms of creation, and if you'd like to be in it again, or you missed out the first time, we're going to continue with filming at this weekend's upcoming DakDak Cafe C&C! If you're interested, we will be filming 8-10.30ish-am. Come and check it out!