[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

Don't they teach truck driving? :D

They'll teach you how to drive on two wheels if you like. I've done several DD days and I've found the instructors to be good. There is a Sandown DD day 26 Nov that I'm going to. Hopefully get my eye in for the Jan event.

Edited by Pork Chops

A couple of answers to questions raised:

1. A current valid drivers licence is required to participate. (sorry Trev, happy to refund... :( Mrs McRev?! In the Cayenne beastia?!)

2. Cup cars are fine, however there is a 75db noise limit on ALL cars participating. (mufflers look like being required ;))

3. Garages are available which we will need to book beforehand directly with Sandown. This will be one of the options available at the full payment stage. ($50 each)

4. The driver briefing, in-car training, and indeed the full days activities on the track will be over seen by Driver Dynamics and it is their contract that every driver will sign. They not only train truck drivers, but also the Victorian Police force, various Armed Services, Tactical Response  and Anti Terrorist groups, oh, and defensive, advanced, and precision driving techniques for the rest of us! Driver Dynamics is a member of the IACSP, the Australian Driver Trainers Association, the Australasian College of Road Safety, and is a signatory of the European Road Safety Charter. I couldn't imagine better hands to place our members in.

Kerry

The driver briefing, in-car training, and indeed the full days activities on the track will be over seen by Driver Dynamics and it is their contract that every driver will sign. They not only train truck drivers, but also the Victorian Police force, various Armed Services, Tactical Response  and Anti Terrorist groups, oh, and defensive, advanced, and precision driving techniques for the rest of us! Driver Dynamics is a member of the IACSP, the Australian Driver Trainers Association, the Australasian College of Road Safety, and is a signatory of the European Road Safety Charter. I couldn't imagine better hands to place our members in.

I know i use to work for them many years ago.. we did some crazy things in cars :D thanks Kev

2. Cup cars are fine, however there is a 75db noise limit on ALL cars participating. (mufflers look like being required ;))

This would be measured 30m from the edge of the track?

Could be challenging for some...

This would be measured 30m from the edge of the track?

Could be challenging for some...

I'm assuming this is essentially a meaningfully rebadged Driver Dynamics run day (and all the better for it), and the reality is I've never had an issue in my GT3 at several DD days. And its not that quiet. Just sayin'.

Just registered. 

Let me see who else from Sydney is OTLW enough to road trip for a track day. 

It would be great to see old mate Paddington cutting some laps out on the track. @turboT the call has been put out, a Sydney convoy could be an idea? @Robert930 I'm sure would be keen, fortunately it's not timed so he wouldn't be able to demolish us too much! :lol:

Maybe not 40db (definitely not if measured from 30m away) but it's got some bark when you're on it!

Doug's RX7 hasn't been pulled up yet, you'll be fine! :lol:

It would be great to see old mate Paddington cutting some laps out on the track. @turboT the call has been put out, a Sydney convoy could be an idea? @Robert930 I'm sure would be keen, fortunately it's not timed so he wouldn't be able to demolish us too much! :lol:

I believe Rob might have already signed up mate. The call was out today, but we have a tassie trip that will bring us down your way soon (u coming on that?)