[VIC] PFA Track Day 2017 - 12.02.2017

Orlando

First sensible post on this matter.

Second offer Long lost brother Trev aka Steve .. if you practice your geeza accent you can borrow my english green licence without picture 

Cos it would be blindin me old mucka to hav you in the chair for a bit of steering

and seeing as you have never been to OZ before ;) I will introduce you to some nice blokes from the PFA scene

I never seen Nufink , I never heard Nufink, I never said Nufink 

Second offer Long lost brother Trev aka Steve .. if you practice your geeza accent you can borrow my english green licence without picture 

Cos it would be blindin me old mucka to hav you in the chair for a bit of steering

and seeing as you have never been to OZ before ;) I will introduce you to some nice blokes from the PFA scene

I never seen Nufink , I never heard Nufink, I never said Nufink 

Further to this idea, wear one of these and nobody will know it's you, TrevMcPres

DT_zpsczd81biz.png

So no one is squealing like a stuck pig about the date change then?! :blink:

(Y'all have noted this right? emails sent and posts made...)

Sunday may throw a spanner in the works for me being interstate, I'll check and come back. 

Interesting, so what insurance is covering this event for personal injury??  I have never competed in anything that wasn't covered by CAMS 

Neither have I... I also believe some insurances cover you on "driver training days" that are un timed?

Check the "Exclusions" section of your policy carefully.

I've been on both sides of arguments about this (on a professional basis of course ...) and you will find that the vast majority of policies exclude cover even if your so much as on a race track.

Also, whilst brokers are generally fairly good on this sort of question, don't just take their word for it.  Read the policy.  It will also help your Nerd Score and Drive a need for a beverage - after you've read the policy!!

Check the "Exclusions" section of your policy carefully.

I've been on both sides of arguments about this (on a professional basis of course ...) and you will find that the vast majority of policies exclude cover even if your so much as on a race track.

Also, whilst brokers are generally fairly good on this sort of question, don't just take their word for it.  Read the policy.  It will also help your Nerd Score and Drive a need for a beverage - after you've read the policy!!

Dudes we're discussing legal and insurance matters on a trackday thread!!  Insurance Law Forum is here.

I'd assume 99.9% sure you're not covered and mange your risk accordingly.

Now, back to cars?

Fast forward to the purple one I reckon...

Inevitably these discussions/questions come up but personally I feel much safer enjoying my car in a track environment than out on the roads. At the end of the day none of us want to damage our cars (or each other for that matter) so I don't see any of us unnecessarily putting ourselves at risk. 

The whole aim is to provide an environment for you to be able to enjoy your car and get tuition to progress your driving and/or confidence in car. It's not a race day, it's a day for us as a group of mates & partners to share what is one of the best experiences you will get with your car in a safe/controlled environment. 

If anyone has any further questions about the day feel free to PM me. If its about insurance then I suggest you get in touch with your insurer but be assured that preventative measures are the focus in order to ensure risk of an accident is minimised. 

Now, back to cars?

Yes! :D

Mwah haha haha.....

They bumped you guys because I made them an offer they couldn't refuse!

Whole track to myself for the day. No license required!

Toodaloo boys!

Ok, that didn't really happen at all.... I'll be there though, begging for rides in cup cars too!  Looks safe as. 

giphy.gif

@TrevMcRev first off I have enjoyed the rapartee of your frustrations and if all else fails, how I look forward to seeing Mrs TrevMcRev in the cup car at Sandown.   As the with most drive days, the form only asks for a license number including state of delivery. I doubt  these are checked considering the amount of hotted up commodores that turn up and spin out. As @Skidmarks has confirmed (without being retained and therefor is good for the team) that there is no insurance on the track. I trust you still have your license number?

Mate look forward to seeing either you or Mrs TrvMcRev at Sandown. It will be fun no matter which side of the car we are sitting in.

@TrevMcRev first off I have enjoyed the rapartee of your frustrations and if all else fails, how I look forward to seeing Mrs TrevMcRev in the cup car at Sandown.   As the with most drive days, the form only asks for a license number including state of delivery. I doubt  these are checked considering the amount of hotted up commodores that turn up and spin out. As @Skidmarks has confirmed (without being retained and therefor is good for the team) that there is no insurance on the track. I trust you still have your license number?

Mate look forward to seeing either you or Mrs TrvMcRev at Sandown. It will be fun no matter which side of the car we are sitting in.

Actually now that you mention it I think with the date change and all it works out perfectly!

Edited by TrevMcRev

Further to this idea, wear one of these and nobody will know it's you, TrevMcPres

DT_zpsczd81biz.png

We're gonna make Sandown great again!

You know, I'm a great driver, really.. I've driven lots and many people tell me all the time im a great driver... We're gonna start by building a wall around the track...so you can run cup pipes at 110db and the neighbours won't care. You know I've done a lot of construction...

You know, I'm a great driver, really.. I've driven lots and many people tell me all the time im a great driver... We're gonna start by building a wall around the track...so you can run cup pipes at 110db and the neighbours won't care. You know I've done a lot of construction...

I heard you've grabbed a flag marshal on the fanny. Just walked right up and graaaaabbed them.

you are tremendous 

I'll most likely have the GT3 there as well if your up for a run in the cup cars poor cousin.............

GT3 burnouts and drag races down the main straight is what I was thinking :ph34r:   (......wait. did I just think that or type it and post?)

I'd assume 99.9% sure you're not covered and mange your risk accordingly.

Crap, your'e correct, 924 it is then..... 

Mwah haha haha.....

They bumped you guys because I made them an offer they couldn't refuse!

Whole track to myself for the day. No license required!

Toodaloo boys!

aren't you booked in for a Foreskin removal in the High Country with @niko that day? 

Edited by Ozvino

Maaaate, that would be bucket list item #3 ticked off! I'm obsessed with cup cars. Will bring my Porsche helmet if I get there! MANY MANY thanks for the offer. Happy to pay for fuel etc

where do we form an orderly queue?

just a quick question. Just about to pay my deposit and being that we can bring family members, I would like my wife to sample driving on a track and get her more involved in the car club scene and experience what it's all about.

Am I able to run through the day in my car and have her drive the ladies session in my car?

thanks

jonathan

just a quick question. Just about to pay my deposit and being that we can bring family members, I would like my wife to sample driving on a track and get her more involved in the car club scene and experience what it's all about.

Am I able to run through the day in my car and have her drive the ladies session in my car?

thanks

jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Please bring your wife, the invitation is there for the ladies - would be great to have her join us. :) The fee for the day is per driver, so if your wife would like to get some track time she will need to sign up and pay the required fees (holding deposit etc.)

Its also worth noting that only Financial Members can sign up so your also up for another $25 :rolleyes: It will be worth it though - I've just signed my partner up (and had to make a sensible handle despite my urge not too!)

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hi Jonathan,

Please bring your wife, the invitation is there for the ladies - would be great to have her join us. :) The fee for the day is per driver, so if your wife would like to get some track time she will need to sign up and pay the required fees (holding deposit etc.)

Its also worth noting that only Financial Members can sign up so your also up for another $25 :rolleyes: It will be worth it though - I've just signed my partner up (and had to make a sensible handle despite my urge not too!)

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions. 

Awesome thanks Hugh, makes sense.

will run it past the minister for fun and happiness and she what she wants to do.

cheers

Jonathan

Awesome thanks Hugh, makes sense.

will run it past the minister for fun and happiness and she what she wants to do.

cheers

Jonathan

Let her know she can run in her own group with the other ladies, all in good fun and without any pressure. ;)