Sell the SC for a 997 S?

Greg 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also considering selling my SC and going more modern.... thinking more along the lines of 996 gtx however accept that would not be an equal trade in terms of price. My thinking is that the 924 will gives me era motoring.. the newer car would make the many long distance trips possibly more comfortable.  I have one PFA trip to tasmania to complete before I decide...

Would miss the air cooled engine though... so unique.

Interesting reading as I have an SC and a 997.2 manual C2... the Reno is coming up and the wife says 4 cars is too many... more garages means we can't have the big room to send the younger ones to make noise and mess. Soooo I might sell one thinking I will hold the SC... I have gone to put the 997.2 on car sales 3 times now but I can't do it yet. What is one worth with 36k and 2 year Porsche extended warranty worth, anyone know?

Interesting reading as I have an SC and a 997.2 manual C2... the Reno is coming up and the wife says 4 cars is too many... more garages means we can't have the big room to send the younger ones to make noise and mess. Soooo I might sell one thinking I will hold the SC... I have gone to put the 997.2 on car sales 3 times now but I can't do it yet. What is one worth with 36k and 2 year Porsche extended warranty worth, anyone know?

Based on current carsales ads and available cars (depending on condition and options of course) I'd think in the $150k - $160k range.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,
        I can see a lot of SCs hitting carsales now for 90-100k+. Not sure what they are actually selling for.

Got me thinking I could change over my '83 and get into a 997 S manual coupe perhaps and just about break even? 997 would become a daily driver!

Anyone else contemplating the same or should I give myself an uppercut for thinking such a thing?

thanks

Greg

Interesting question. I have 2 SC's and just sold my 987 Cayman Series 2. Daily drive, cayman wins hands down. Amazing around corners, especially when traction control light comes on under acceleration, means corner has been nailed!! Weekend drive in SC is where the air-cooled wins. Sounds awesome and just a joy to drive. Wife hates SC, loved cayman. Reason SC wins on short drives, Coz you feel like u r in a raceway. No matter what speed you are going. They are amazing for something nearly 40 years old. I will get another cayman in a few years. But need to enjoy the air-cooled for a while.

Archived