AQUA WAX all your questions answered

Niko

Hi ya Aqua Wax lovers...

Well, after reading the glowing reports above, I went and bought the enigmatic polish. But its been sitting in the garage staring at me now for quite awhile, waiting for the car to be clay-barred first. But the clay-bar angel just wont come... Just haven't been able to get her over after a wash and dry.... So, decided I'd just do a "trial run" with the aqua wax, skip the clay.  As joe hockey said, Just give it a go, Joe.  I must admit I've been a bit sceptical on the use of a micro-fibre cloth to dry a wet car....The thought of a soggy wet cloth and the car still wet and streaky seemed inevitable. After all, it takes me a quite a few wipes even with a shammy and its designed specifically to suck up the wet stuff. Whereas a towel, a cloth, just surely could'nt cut it.

Anyway, got back from a drive today....  the car need a bit of a light wash and rinse. Decided to do the trial run. A quick soapy, wash, a rinse and now a wet car. Crack open the new AW bottle... a few small  squirts on the wet doors, bonnet, front panels, side panels. Whip out the cloth and wipe away. Expecting there be a wet streaky look but NO. The wet just disappears, the cloth sucks. The polish smears across. Wet disappears. It dries in a flash. And the result: the duco just bloody well shines, its like a freaken mirror!!  What the....!

Hmmm, me thinks I like this stuff.... :rolleyes:

Moral to the story: Believe the Niko; Have faith in the Niko. Thanks mate, another heathen converted to the church of aqua wax.

Edited by Philbee
trial not trail

• 5 months later...

Geeze I haven't even got my car yet, but sounds like Aqua wax is on the shopping list. I presume Supercheap?

Bunnings had  10 packs of unbelievably soft mf patterned cloths for around $10, which felt better than some MF cloths.

Geeze I haven't even got my car yet, but sounds like Aqua wax is on the shopping list. I presume Supercheap?

Bunnings had  10 packs of unbelievably soft mf patterned cloths for around $10, which felt better than some MF cloths.

carcareproducts.com.au

Those of you who know me (bad luck there) know that I am a dedicated AUTOGLYM person.   I have more on my shelf in the garage than Repco keep in stock.

I seen this product advertised recently, and because it is an all Aussie product, and had given itself a good rap.   I tried it out and compared it with my AQUAWAX.

I have to say this product is just as good if not better than AQUAWAX in my opinion.  

The directions on the spray bottle are a bit different to the AQUAWAX, but I virtually used it the same way as I would the AQUAWAX.

I did the wife's new CX5 which is deep crystal blue, and it looked pretty damn good.

Then did the Black Cayman, also came up sensational.   Ended up doing the 7 year old gun metal grey CX7 in it and again great result.

Haven't got much left after the three cars, but I got it from AUTOBARN for $19.00 I think it might have been on special.

Out of the two, I think I will stick with the Aussie product from here on in.    

BOWDENS AFTERGLOW

@Niko! What's going on? After all that "come onboard the aqua wax love train"... you're jumping ship! 

Theres a new Sheila in town and niko has dropped the missus for the cute Aussie in the corner!!

And I just aqua waxed me babee, last weekend too! Now, not niko endorsed. It's hard to keep up, you know....

@Niko I stocked up on Aqua Wax a while back and working my way through the stockpile.  I noticed the After Glow was released as I use other Bowden's products and wondered what it was like compared to the Aqua Wax as I have always found Dan Bowden to be very helpful.

What's better about the After Glow in your opinion? application, shine or protection?

@Niko! What's going on? After all that "come onboard the aqua wax love train"... you're jumping ship! 

Theres a new Sheila in town and niko has dropped the missus for the cute Aussie in the corner!!

And I just aqua waxed me babee, last weekend too! Now, not niko endorsed. It's hard to keep up, you know....

Yep, Aquawax still gets my full seal of approval, but because the newcomer is definitely just as good (if not a tiny bit better) and is Aussie made and Owned.

It now gets my hard earned.

Having said that...... I also tried out some stuff I got from Motorclassica, called CODE.  

A liquid Polish, a liquid Wax, a detailer and a great applicator with foam pads velcroed to the hand base.   (About $130.00 all up)

The polish I am not all that happy with, it left some cloudy marks on the black surface and was hard to get out.  Luckily I did as I was told by the very nice saleslady and only used the polish on one panel at a time.   So no serious harm done.   I used some AutoGlym polish to get rid of them.

The car probably didn't need to be polished anyway as the surface is good.

So the next day I decided to wax it with the new CODE WAX, you can do the entire car in it leave it for as long as you like,

and apparently you can wax it even when the car is hot or in the sun. (I didn't try that, but just done it in the garage under fluro lighting)

Well.....the result was excellent.    The car looks stunning...I think it is the best it's been since I got it..  

Under the fluros any blemishes will normally show up.   Non.   

Plus extremely easy to put on with their applicator.    Probably wouldn't use their polish again but the wax is great.

Not sure if I have jumped ship on that yet, because it is a Sydney based company with a UK product.  

CODE POLISH

@Niko I stocked up on Aqua Wax a while back and working my way through the stockpile.  I noticed the After Glow was released as I use other Bowden's products and wondered what it was like compared to the Aqua Wax as I have always found Dan Bowden to be very helpful.

What's better about the After Glow in your opinion? application, shine or protection?

Mate, The application is virtually the same as Aquawax, although the instructions are a bit different.   I just did it the same as I do the Aquawax.

The resulting shine I feel was a tad better.  

Protection... I can't really comment on because I hadn't taken the car out since doing it with the BOWDENS when I ended up putting the CODE wax over the top.

However from here on in I will be doing the washes using the Bowdens Afterglow.   The company I agree has a great reputation.

Edited by Niko

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, firstone said:

Wait.

Are you offering to let me drive your cars on unsealed roads in Byron?

OK

Aint that pretty much all the roads up here at the moment mate after the rains..  pothole central.  We should catchup soon and discuss wax .. currumbin cars and coffee this weekend and byron the week after..

• 3 months later...

Hey @Niko.... I went to autobarn yesterday to get some oil and was also going to grab a refill or bottle of AquaWax as mines starting to run low.... But no, they only sell it as a “kit” all shrink wrapped for $45. Don’t suppose you know anywhere where I can just get a refill? Or bottle only. I don’t really need another micro-fibre cloth especially if it costs $10.

Niko’s spot on. I love Autoglym products they are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

all I can add is if you claybar your car make sure it’s a fine or medium grade at the most. You then need to reseal the paint with a good quality hand polish, then hit the surface with the aqua wax. The minute you strip the paint surface with a clay bar you re expose the clear to contaminates a lot easier so it must be protected with a longer term solution.

cloth wise stay clear of Bunnings you really want a good quality micro fibre cloth/towel that is lint and polimide free if possible, otherwise again you get what you pay for.

new options into the market are silica based sprays that act like a ceramic coating but with last 3/6 months rather than years. Something like nova jet or lustre have ci02 in them and have the same application as the wax.

www.waxit.com.au

www.carcareproducts.com.au

Cheers 

13 hours ago, Philbee said:

Hey @Niko.... I went to autobarn yesterday to get some oil and was also going to grab a refill or bottle of AquaWax as mines starting to run low.... But no, they only sell it as a “kit” all shrink wrapped for $45. Don’t suppose you know anywhere where I can just get a refill? Or bottle only. I don’t really need another micro-fibre cloth especially if it costs $10.

Yes mate, I have noticed that also, at AUTOBARN, it's a bit off putting that they do that.

I normally get mine from SUPERCHEAP or REPCO where they sell it as a single item.

I have to grab something from SUPERCHEAP today, so I will confirm that for you.

UPDATE........AQUAWAX

on special at SUPERCHEAP $22.45 TILL 10/2/19.  And definitely just in a stand alone.

3 hours ago, JB said:

new options into the market are silica based sprays that act like a ceramic coating but with last 3/6 months rather than years. Something like nova jet or lustre have ci02 in them and have the same application as the wax.

I think you mean SiO2 😊, no such animal as ciO2...