Best Drivers Road in Aus Omeo Hwy

Redracn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice, I vote for a high country SMT in the near future before the weather turns. SMT to Albury Wodonga get a Hotel or if your lucky stay at Rancho Fraz. Then High country drive, back to accomodation then dinner & drinks, home the next day.

Anyone keen @symsy @hugh @Kerry @GUT

Yes. Yes I am. 

Nice, I vote for a high country SMT in the near future before the weather turns. SMT to Albury Wodonga get a Hotel or if your lucky stay at Rancho Fraz. Then High country drive, back to accomodation then dinner & drinks, home the next day.

yup keen

if after April 19 I'm in ?

If before I'll co-pilot with anyone. ?

Keen Fraz.

• 1 month later...

Half of Vic Pol are keen and waiting for you - they will be out in force salivating, Easter long weekend is like Christmas for them.

Along with the Victorian Snowboard team.. I wonder what part of this route if any makes sense if the temps have dropped so low , so early in the season?

Road past Falls Creek was closed due to snow a few days ago... They had a pretty good dump of snow Sunday!  :D

right - but the Omeo Highway, between Omeo and Mitta Mitta, then on to Wodonga - has that ever been blocked by snow in April or even May? I've taken everything from a Landcruiser to a Gemini up that road around Easter with water and mud being the biggest issue

Worst case scenario camp out at the Blue Duck and wait for the snow to melt !

Archived