Redracn

Best Drivers Road in Aus Omeo Hwy

You guys need to add a quick detour to Mt Beauty (via the Tawonga gap) on those routes.

tawonga.JPG

It's a brilliant road :)

Yep an excellent drive. Worth just turning around and doing it again.

Nice, I vote for a high country SMT in the near future before the weather turns. SMT to Albury Wodonga get a Hotel or if your lucky stay at Rancho Fraz. Then High country drive, back to accomodation then dinner & drinks, home the next day.

Anyone keen @symsy @hugh @Kerry @GUT

Nice, I vote for a high country SMT in the near future before the weather turns. SMT to Albury Wodonga get a Hotel or if your lucky stay at Rancho Fraz. Then High country drive, back to accomodation then dinner & drinks, home the next day.

Yes. Yes I am. 

yup keen

if after April 19 I'm in ?

If before I'll co-pilot with anyone. ?

I am defs up for an SMT before too long, but that one is just pushing the bum-in-seat time a bit long for my back unforts... :mellow:

Keen Fraz.

Keen too.  

We need an SA contingent.

Lets make this happen before the god damn snow comes.. it snowed in National Park yesterday!!

Anyone keen this week? Thurs?

Half of Vic Pol are keen and waiting for you - they will be out in force salivating, Easter long weekend is like Christmas for them.

Half of Vic Pol are keen and waiting for you - they will be out in force salivating, Easter long weekend is like Christmas for them.

Along with the Victorian Snowboard team.. I wonder what part of this route if any makes sense if the temps have dropped so low , so early in the season?

@symsy its Victoria in April not Siberia in January - are you thinking you might run into snow drifts?

Road past Falls Creek was closed due to snow a few days ago... They had a pretty good dump of snow Sunday!  :D

Road past Falls Creek was closed due to snow a few days ago... They had a pretty good dump of snow Sunday!  :D

right - but the Omeo Highway, between Omeo and Mitta Mitta, then on to Wodonga - has that ever been blocked by snow in April or even May? I've taken everything from a Landcruiser to a Gemini up that road around Easter with water and mud being the biggest issue

Worst case scenario camp out at the Blue Duck and wait for the snow to melt !