Detailer in Melbourne.

Danny

JP @ http://www.uvi.com.au/ had the 964 for a week and did a complete detail, inside and out, underneath, wheel wells, engine, frunk, & paint correction. He mentioned it verged on being concourse level preparation.

Holy mother of god, what a result!  Could not be happier or speak more highly of his service and professionalism, a truly superb result.  I think he sent me about 110 photos detailing the process undertaken.

One doesn't often encounter service of such a high standard in any field.

IMG_8239_zpsbsjogt2k.jpg

IMG_8208_zpseq002lrt.jpg

IMG_8193_zpsilx0ql59.jpg

Hey @Fraz there are red ones and THERE ARE RED ONES, that being said, don't want to offend anyone with a red one...

Mr @Ozvino thanks for the operating instructions and wabbit proof fence.

Looks outstanding, and very thorough with the service:). How much did he charge for everything you mentioned above? 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mike737 it took a professional with the correct equipment a week, would have taken me 2.  It cost me a third of a week.

I love my Porkers, but I do love my 4 year old son much more.  Join the dots.  

Those days are long gone...no desire to prove my detailing skills any longer. 

I just bought a sunshield  for top of my windscreen, it's just a big long sticker which needs cutting to the shape of the top of the windscreen. I have no idea how to cut it straight (& with curved bits at the sides), line it up, put it on & ain't got any proper blades, tools either... And I don't want to stuff it up! Yes, I'm pathetic. Ah, but I have credit card!

can a detailer help with this? Any recommendations?

advise on who can help me would be great thanks

• 11 months later...

Reviving an old thread, I went and saw Dan from Dan's detailing garage about bringing back some old exterior paintwork and freshening up some tired but still in good condition leather.  He seems to know his stuff, has anyone else used Dan or is there anyone else I should consider.  Quote was $2150 for interior/exterior detail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 4:47 PM, cafe_racer said:

Reviving an old thread, I went and saw Dan from Dan's detailing garage about bringing back some old exterior paintwork and freshening up some tired but still in good condition leather.  He seems to know his stuff, has anyone else used Dan or is there anyone else I should consider.  Quote was $2150 for interior/exterior detail.

Hi Guys, as a local Master Detailer i thought i would chime in.

In Melbourne we are spoilt for choice for great car detailers, like anything though there's always the 2%. But to be honest guys like Dan, and several others in melb will more than meet your expectations. It comes down to the individual, and to be honest in my case the basis of my business is car wash and volume, (was tired of spending 5 days on one car) however we do all elements associated from full details to leather, steam and paint correction, dent and scratch, wet sanding and so forth. However the unbranded carwash down the road you wouldn't take your wheelbarrow down there for a wash, it all comes down to the person and the establishment they run and what training, people and qualifications they have.

From a customer perspective ultimately it will come down to what you want, to what level and what your prepared to spend, and how long your prepared to leave the car.  Different people have different expectations or visions of how they see  their car, as well as what condition the car is in to start with, and how it has been maintained. I'll  have guys spend $1000 and be completely overwhelmed, then guys that bring in neglected cars spend $200 and expect concourse condition in 4 hours.

Ultimately find the guy who can show his work, comes recommended or you feel comfortable with.

Other considerations - (besdies me! lol)  Namikon, Ultimate detailer, dan, uvi, mirror finish, mr detail etc etc.

cheers

Jonathan

Archived