Insurance recomendations

GC9911

Insuring a 2007 997.1 turbo thru Porsche insurance. QBE is the underwriter.

What are thoughts on Porsche's tyre and Rim insurance??

Have been bitten badly when my BMW rims cracked hence am tempted to take this insurance.

Potholes galore around my part of town!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note in favour of Porsche Insurance (QBE underwriter).  I presently have all my insurances (3 cars, 3 CTPs, house) with GIO.  Got the renewal for the 996 and the maximum they will insure for is ridiculously low (and no flexibility to increase in individual cases).  Porsche will give me about $12,000 more coverage for the same premium - usage is limited to 8,000km, but that is twice the distance I drove the car last year so shouldn't be a problem.

Also found Porsche Insurance rep very pleasant to deal with and very efficient.

Having read some of the recommendations in this thread awhile ago  I was conscious my insurance would come up soon. Well now, just got my renewal from shannons last week. $2670 for 2 cars. Ouch!

So, on the weekend, went back through this thread to pick up a few of the good tips... And armed with some other insurer names today, I called the first one on my list. 

Got a quote from Famous today... $1770... I even upped the value of my p-car. Woohoo... winning!!

thanks guys! It's cost me 1 phone call to save $900!

Having read some of the recommendations in this thread awhile ago  I was conscious my insurance would come up soon. Well now, just got my renewal from shannons last week. $2670 for 2 cars. Ouch!

So, on the weekend, went back through this thread to pick up a few of the good tips... And armed with some other insurer names today, I called the first one on my list. 

Got a quote from Famous today... $1770... I even upped the value of my p-car. Woohoo... winning!!

I just renewed my insurance today with Ryno ...

3 cars on Historic rego .... total amount of $130k ... premium of $826.

You really need to shop around .... 

NIce one!

I'm with Famous now, previously Ryno.  After my indiscretions... Ryno were still ok with insuring me, but at a pretty high price.  Most regular insurers won't touch me (Captain Risky) but Famous were good, low cost, no extra dramas over my license.

And...slip em an extra $100 for a day of track cover. Can't beat that!

And...slip em an extra $100 for a day of track cover. Can't beat that!

Interested in this. My policy clearly states I'm not covered as soon as the car is on a track and would like to get out and do so in the near future!

I went with Porsche Insurance when I bought my car in Feb as the premiums were reasonable and allowed to car to be in a carport. Both Shannons and Lumley stopped the quote process as soon as they knew it wasn't garaged when I first bought it...

Interested in this. My policy clearly states I'm not covered as soon as the car is on a track and would like to get out and do so in the near future!

I went with Porsche Insurance when I bought my car in Feb as the premiums were reasonable and allowed to car to be in a carport. Both Shannons and Lumley stopped the quote process as soon as they knew it wasn't garaged when I first bought it...

when I got my quote from Famous earlier this week they asked me would I like track cover as an extra! Nice option, I reckon.

Well, today, following from a quote I got earlier this week where I saved 900 with Famous, I just got a quote from Ryno. Same info, saved another few hundred. I think I'm in love...:P

oh btw,  ryno doesn't do track day coverage though. Might be a deal breaker for some.

Has anyone ever made a claim through Ryno or Famous? What are they like to deal with, Shannons are super easy and paid out with no fuss......

yes, good one... keen to hear on this point too. Ryno guy I spoke to today did say they have a 3rd party agent who goes to assess and approve quotes & hardly ever it's rejected. Sales pitch or reality??

Archived