Staggered rims

LeeM

Yes (fitting the Ronals next week hopefully), but I like a bit of variety :-) 

I have some 17's that came with the car I was going to sell, but I won't get much, so I may aswell hang onto them and see if I can use the rears

Magnus did it on Paddington Bears 930 and back in the day we used to do it on drift cars when tyres were too dear (or we were too poor!). Usually we had the larger wheels on the front though... as long as the rolling diameter is the same, it works. I think there is a Sportscar or two on the market that comes like that from factory.

Some cars had larger diameter wheels on the back ex factory, but that styling seems to have passed. It never became a mainstream styling trend.  I think some of the post 2000 GM muscle cars had it as an option, and possibly a BMW or two from memory.

No big deal, as long as it looks right. 15's and 16's probably not. 16 & 17 or 17 & 18 better. Where there is a big expanse of sheetmetal around the rear arch area it doesn't look bad at all, A la Camaro, with it's bold aggressive lines and barge arse.

Archived