Driving at 300 KPH & Beyond

Just looked up the Snowy Mountain 1000 ..............Next year I am there looks like a blast :P

http://snowymountains1000.com.au/

Result 2016

1st FASTEST SPEED OVERALL – Chris Thomson, Nissan R35 GTR, 336.4km/h

2nd FASTEST SPEED OVERALL – Eddy Tassone, HSV GTO, 330.3km/h

3rd FASTEST SPEED OVERALL  – John Kopcheff, Lamborghini Gallardo, 327.3km/h

1st FASTEST FEMALE SPEED OVERALL – Sally-Anne Hains, Porsche 997 Turbo, 269.7km/h

I couldn,t find much info on the site sadly ,,but correct me if I am wrong but I would say this is a standing kilometer when I look at the times associated with the speeds ...  

Theres a pretty good video of the event on their FB page. Looks like a very competitive event. Serious cars. Im just a regular guy with a stock Carrera!

Theres a pretty good video of the event on their FB page. Looks like a very competitive event. Serious cars. Im just a regular guy with a stock Carrera!

Same here Mate ,,,,,just in it for the fun factor and a legal place to go as fast as I can .........:)

I couldn,t find much info on the site sadly ,,but correct me if I am wrong but I would say this is a standing kilometer when I look at the times associated with the speeds ...  

yep standing 1km

0-330 in 1km is pretty serious for a road car

apparently a pretty good event - Peter Fitzgerald was telling me about it, he looks after Sally Ann's 997 

..and same here as well.

Before I ran out of cash to continue, I did 30 hours pilot training at Camden. A superb stretch of nicely sealed asphalt, but only 1.4kms of it.   I wonder what speeds could be achieved on that?. The pilot training industry is not what it was, and an airport like Camden would probably welcome a bunch of petrol heads...for a fee. 

..and same here as well.

Before I ran out of cash to continue, I did 30 hours pilot training at Camden. A superb stretch of nicely sealed asphalt, but only 1.4kms of it.   I wonder what speeds could be achieved on that?. The pilot training industry is not what it was, and an airport like Camden would probably welcome a bunch of petrol heads...for a fee. 

Wasn,t Camden aerodrome used as the Australian Top Gear test track for the TV show ....

Wasn,t Camden aerodrome used as the Australian Top Gear test track for the TV show ....

You are spot on Raven. They used it for their power laps (cones etc). Sounds exactly like the UK scene that I remember from a few years back. We need someone like Autohaus to carry the banner. I simply don;t have the time, but I reckon it would be a good idea. It would be good PR for them and a hell of a lot of fun for us!. 

I've sent Grant and the gang an email and this thread link. I'll report back if I hear anything.

yep standing 1km

0-330 in 1km is pretty serious for a road car

apparently a pretty good event - Peter Fitzgerald was telling me about it, he looks after Sally Ann's 997 

In relation to the Snowy 1000 event last year, this was an interesting post in another forum that got sent to me

"I've got a 2013 GTR as well running all the FBO 85 gear - 600WHP
Ran in the Snowy last year
Averaged 5th overall, drove down drove home. Everything that beat us went down on a trailer and had a parachute.
5 runs, every one within 1kph and within 0,1 sec
Amazing car"

Is it as much fun as the B5 RS4 ? - not when the boost comes in !!!!! "

PS That  b5 rs4 has sat on the market for a while at 59k if anyone is after a fast shopping trolley with a fifth door (a lazy 540kw / 1000nm )

Didn't take you long to find it!.  As I said, nice shopping trolley (yes absolute up their with as good as wolf as you can buy for that coin)  that apparently has had some Sydney Telsa owners booking their cars in for a "virtual"  checkup (obviously not running right when compared to last centuries technology)   

Archived