Xbox One - need help from someone under 40

Ozvino

I have bought my kids an Xbox one for Christmas. They are both Porsche/car game freaks - what do I need to buy game wise?

Any other suggestions around good games that dont involve rape, human geanocide or snipers killing people?

My game console experience tapered out circa Atari 2600

Thanks

Dave

Assetto Corsa has now released for consoles. Less arcadey than some titles and they are about to release Porsche Pack 1 of 3, featuring the following.

• Porsche 911 Carrera S
  • Porsche 918 Spyder
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
  • Porsche 718 Cayman S
  • Porsche 917/30 Spyder
  • Porsche 935/78 ‘Moby Dick’
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

I don't know how old the kids are but if you do want a shooting game without shooting people, Halo is awesome and if they are 15 plus Doom is also excellent. Assetto Corsa seems to be the best by any have always preferred PS for driving games for some reason.  Don't forget to get Xbox gold if you think they will want to play online. 

Thanks guys - good advice, very much appreciated; Assetto Corsa looks the goods for them (plus Mindcraft - they are obsessed with that).

They are just under 10, so they dont have corrupted adult minds at this stage, hence keeping them away from the nasty stuff for as long as I can

Cheers

Dave

assetto corsa is great but is brutally hard without any frills. It's designed for adults who want a realistic simulation more so than kids wanting fun.

they might have more fun with the forza games especially forza horizon.

assetto corsa is great but is brutally hard without any frills. It's designed for adults who want a realistic simulation more so than kids wanting fun.

they might have more fun with the forza games especially forza horizon.

maybe Dad will have to take the lead on that one :ph34r:

We recently built a simulator and are using an XBox One S.  We only have Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6 (with Porsche pack).

I find myself using Forza Motorsport 6 (hooked on Flying Lizard GT3 RSR at Bathurst).  My 15 year old son loves both but plays Horizon 3 a bit because it's more 'gamey' and he plays online with his mates.

Graphics on Horizon 3 are better though.

Archived