RetroMod - Porsche 924 Turbo

Great story and pics Ozvino I like the idea of a fire extinguisher fitted under the hood may have to consider the hat for mine.

Really?  I would have thought that it is the worst place to put one.

If you have an engine fire, then you have to open the hood (thus providing more oxygen) to get to the ext.  Plus it is a pressure vessel - the last thing you want near a fire.

..and SR20's have possibly the worst exhaust note know to man...

I can second that! 

The 924 sounds similar to the 944. And those who've heard mine know they can sounds pretty cool. And go fast too ;) 
Dads 924 with 
dellorto dcoe 40s sounds pretty good too. 

Imagine one with high comp, high boost, huge cam and ethanol will sound. Yeah i cannot wait^_^

Really?  I would have thought that it is the worst place to put one.

If you have an engine fire, then you have to open the hood (thus providing more oxygen) to get to the ext.  Plus it is a pressure vessel - the last thing you want near a fire.

Yep see your point OBRUT may give it a miss. Does look cool maybe just not practical!

Nice looking car however hope he doesn't install a front mounted intercooler as it requires chopping into the front panel.  Santa is bringing me a water/air intercooler which is a direct bolt on with no chopping necessary :-). 

There seems to be a buzz about 924 turbos at the moment... will be interesting to see if 2017 is indeed the year this awesome car becomes recognized.

Audi 5cyl 20v Turbo.  Same bellhousing. B)

Only recommended if you want your 924 to sound like this...

now you're talking

..and SR20's have possibly the worst exhaust note know to man...

Having owned a couple...I beg to differ :)

The 924 block is more bullet proof than an SR20. 

How about the bang for you buck factor?

Bang for buck is dropping a 944 s2 or 968 engine in one with a gearbox from either car. 220-250hp n/a un a 1100kg car with plenty of torque. 
strap a gtx3582r on it, then you've got 500hp with minimal lag.

Having owned a couple...I beg to differ :)

I have owned a couple as well. I owned at least 10 different turbo Nissans. They make good power but they sound like a morbidly obese, transgender, eskimo blowing their nose and farting at the same time :P  

but they sound like a morbidly obese, transgender, eskimo blowing their nose and farting at the same time :P  

Well there's an image/audio event worth waiting to see/hear! Pretty sure I would break my Haha if I was to witness it

Archived