11 Blade engine fan

MFX

My father in law has an eccentric old mate who makes a lot of parts for old bikes, melts down old pistons and saucepans and all sorts of stuff, really clever guy, self taught and a real odd bod, he is a bit like Burt Munro from World's Fastest Indian. Sorry, thread drift:) 

My father in law has an eccentric old mate who makes a lot of parts for old bikes, melts down old pistons and saucepans and all sorts of stuff, really clever guy, self taught and a real odd bod, he is a bit like Burt Munro from World's Fastest Indian. Sorry, thread drift:) 

I thought you were leading up to " he could probably make one for you"......but alas, not to be.

I just need to get another 5 blade fan, cut the blades of and weld them onto mine. It will only be a 10 blade fan but that would be a heap better than 5 :D 

there is a reason that there is an odd number of blades.

"to reduce the chance of blade elastic frequencies becoming tuned to shaft resonance harmonic frequencies".

:P

I will keep that all in mind. Hopefully I can still use my alternator to save me some $$ as this whole engine thing is getting expensive. It will al be worth it in the end, but it is the details that get you ;)

Archived