My Boxster Idea

Al

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True about hotrod as well as outlaw. People genrally mean a tuned car when they throw both of them both together. 

These seem to be roughly what they are in the Porsche world

Outlaw = modified in looks, engine really hasn't been played with other than cleaned up (singer style)

Hot rod = dropping new engines in or upgraded significantly (old school ruf style - once would have been called tuned)

Tuned = cross over between outlaw and hot rod (rwb / sharkwerks)

I'd offer up that outlaw hot rod and rod who drives a tuned car are slippery terms  used in this gene pool, and a bit about taste, vocabulary,  your school attended and current postal code... outlaw if we buy the Emory myth, now in particular,  means  body interior and engine modded. Now to the extent Emory and co. scanned the polo block and incorporated 993 characteristics and then manufactured new cases. Rothsport I think are working with them.

they also perfected the 356 annular brake set up and when I last had a chat, no they weren't for sale 

But back to the orig theme @Al are you mates with @OBRUT

api?X-Location=https%3A%2F%2Fcc-ap1-prod

Dammit. Image is a no show for me

Anyone know if 996 coilovers are compatible with a boxster?

I gots some....

Maybe for fronts, don't think they would be for rears given slightly different setup. Maybe check on the manufacturers site to see if their compatible?

Had no idea Trev - not that there's anything wrong with that :D

even if it shows available my understanding is someone needs to review and ok it before they issue the plate - but don't let that stop you Trev

A Box could be built into something pretty fast and fun for less than the asking price of a clapped out, converted SC (no disrespect intended to clapped out SC drivers...) 

Maybe it will take a few pioneers to build some up before they catch on?

Hey, I drive a converted SC. But I don't consider myself clapped out. Yet.

Maybe one day Mr Walker will do it.  Then everyone will want one.  I still think it would make for a fun car.  That picture that Lee posted is near ideal I reckon.

• 4 months later...

Archived