iCarsoft Por II

990SD

Firstly, I hope everyone had a great new year!

Secondly, has anyone on the forum come across or used one of these diagnostic tools? iCarsoft POR II?

Here's one on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SERVICE-RESET-TOOL-iCarsoft-POR-II-2-PORSCHE-OBD2-II-Fault-Code-Reader-ABS-OIL-/112167549164?hash=item1a1db4f8ec:g:wz4AAOSw8w1YAg5o

I'm looking to reset my "service now" warning as I've done an oil change etc and no longer need the reminder every time I put the key in the ignition.

I've already looked into the Durometric but as it costs a fair bit more than the Carsoft version, thought the Carsoft might be a viable option.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Bugger, I didn't see that one on eBay Russ.

I know the Duratech has a lot more features but checking codes and resetting service warnings is all I really need.
I found quite a few reviews that say the device does what it claims to do so bit the bullet and ordered one.

I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got one, the same brand but smaller.  Not sure of the differences.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/iCarsoft-i960-Multi-System-OBD2-Diagnostic-Tool-Scanner-Porsche-Cayenne-PANAMERA-/112167730678?hash=item1a1db7bdf6:g:iU4AAOSwxKtYAl4B

It does the basics; user friendly and does do resets.  It picked up a failed coil pack and its location as well as clearing the resultant CEL.  Happy with it.  Australian prices are brutal though - much cheaper in UK...

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod131284/ICarsoft-ECU-Fault-Scanner---Eraser-Diagnostic-Tool-for-Porsche/

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one that I got off eBay, think mine came from Singapore. I bought it to reset the service light on my cayenne after doing my own service. Worked great but haven't had the need to use it for anything else yet. I think the i960 can't do resets on service light that's why I went for the por ll. hope this helps!

Think it was this one I bought! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/iCarsoft-PORSCHE-POR-II-i960-OBD2-Fault-Code-Reader-ECU-ABS-OIL-SERVICE-RESET-/351898668772?hash=item51eecb8ee4:g:ArsAAOSwZ1lWdlgj

• 1 year later...

Has anyone actually bought an iCarsoft Por-II? Can you please tell me if it can read over-rev data (ignitions range in Durametric terms)?

I'm struggling to justify the initial outlay for a Durametric Pro. I know the enthusiast version would be OK for now (I only have two Porsches). I don't really need the advanced coding features of the Pro and the price for the Enthusiast is a little more palatable, but I don't want to be restricted to only three VIN's.

The iCarsoft Por II appears to have most of the features that I want, but I can't find definitively whether it can read the over-rev data. That feature is something I would really like to have.

• 1 month later...

I have one. does not show over revs. FYI I also have Durametric Pro and have more than 3 VIN's loaded... not even sure how they would know as the cable can be used on multiple PC's.

7 hours ago, CL997 said:

I have one. does not show over revs. FYI I also have Durametric Pro and have more than 3 VIN's loaded... not even sure how they would know as the cable can be used on multiple PC's.

Bummer.

The Durametric Pro is not supposed to have any limit, Durametric Enthusiast is the one with the 3 VIN limit. I don't know, but if I was to design a cable that only permitted three VIN's, I'd have a chip with a small bit of memory that could be written back to, to log the VIN's.

I've since been looking at the Foxwell NT520 Pro and can't find if that shows over-revs, either.

I have both the Fox well and durametric and now looking at a PIWIS to get my damn roof to work.

Both of my scanners are on loan to someone who is installing post an engine rebuild. You just want to know if you can see over revs on both? 

Will see if he has it up and running and can photo both.

thanks

Taffy

44 minutes ago, Taffy said:

I have both the Fox well and durametric and now looking at a PIWIS to get my damn roof to work.

Both of my scanners are on loan to someone who is installing post an engine rebuild. You just want to know if you can see over revs on both? 

thanks

Taffy

Foxwell is the one I'd like to know about. Thanks. 

52 minutes ago, Taffy said:

thanks

Taffy

I have a PIWIS II if it can help anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2019 at 22:18, Oggie said:

Foxwell is the one I'd like to know about. Thanks. 

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The person i lent it too was working on some issues and then had the car at a workshop so didnt get around to testing the foxwell until now. 

It does not check the over revs.

Duramtetic on the same car did - apart from car being a 99 C2 which seems to have issues i found it worked well using a Surface Pro which made it alot more portable.

On 12/03/2019 at 22:25, Francois said:

Hi Francois, will send you a PM.

Thanks,

Taffy

On 12/03/2019 at 22:25, Francois said:

Francois I would welcome the opportunity to talk about the capability of your PIWIS scanner.  Could you please respond to:  mailformil@gmail.com

Thanks,  Smokey

Archived