Wide Body Hotrod Build

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's a dirty converted LHD import, with wide metal guards welded on. So I can do what I like with no real fear of what 'ought' to be done. So that makes it all the harder to make decisions so I'm not 100% sure yet. I have a G50 5 speed for it, so that's a start.

It's all been done before but the large engine small car formula never fails. It's going to look very tough / racecar but it's a road car and will be built to be comfortable. High level concept not too far off Jeff's as it turns out, but won't be anything like it in the details.

First port of call is Skunkwerks for some welding and painting. Mean time I'll try and nail down what I need to decide to get it through the first gate, which is ideally defining most of the build.

Well it's a dirty converted LHD import, with wide metal guards welded on. So I can do what I like with no real fear of what 'ought' to be done. So that makes it all the harder to make decisions so I'm not 100% sure yet. I have a G50 5 speed for it, so that's a start.

It's all been done before but the large engine small car formula never fails. It's going to look very tough / racecar but it's a road car and will be built to be comfortable. High level concept not too far off Jeff's as it turns out, but won't be anything like it in the details.

First port of call is Skunkworks for some welding and painting. Mean time I'll try and nail down what I need to decide to get it through the first gate, which is ideally defining most of the build.

I'm building one too. PM'd you.

Here are the original car specs as confirmed by Harry at Porsche.  1976 911S Coupe, California car, built 3 December 1975It was a 2.7lt, 5 speed manual.  Sahara Beige exterior and Brown Beige Leatherette interior with leather seats with perforated inlays.  Options were 6x15 polished Fuchs and Koni dampers.

Miami blue is very similar to Don Johnson,s shirt ,,it is a great bright lively colour a widebody Hot rod would look good in it ..........Different from the usual Riviera blue and Mexican Blue ...

2017_porsche_911_us_1_2560x1440.jpg

Archived