Carrera 3.0 market watch

From the general trend I've seen the manual coupes ask higher bucks (similar to other models of the era I guess). They came in sporto trans also.

Perhaps a hagerty evaluation graph comparison required.. will do that tomorrow.

Fascinating model the C3.

Who on the forums has a c3 anyhow?

Just recalled something, given targas weren't released in the uk and no carrera 3.0's went to usa then a carrera 3.0 targa is a very rare beast! Could command a bit. I know in 1977 only 8 c3 targas came to aus.

Edited by Al

• 2 weeks later...

Simon, my 2 cents.

I recall seeing a mint c3 selling in the UK in 2016 for US$ 129K,  give me a week or two and I'll dig out the details.

Last year, I was offered AU $85k for mine (sight unseen) and it needed an engine rebuild and the paint is buggered.  

pics? I have a thing for patina so buggered paint pics wecome.

seems oddly like the QLD Chappy who was selling or trying to sell a C3 motor for similar... dumb n dumber is a good stoner flick 

Nothing odd about it at all. C3 engines are now $20k plus. The market is working out they are not an SC engine. With C2.7 engines $50k plus, why wouldn't they be $20k. 

I'll call em out both seller and buyer as Davy Crocketts, Mike n Mal's, et al and love  em more for it ... trail blazers 

Don't get me wrong here as  I'm neither shy of, averse to nor unaware of market currents, but for not much more then you could have doubled down late last year and bought a very nice viper metallic C3 

2 ads on PP ain't no good indicator of an upswing, though if someone wants to drop 29k usd good luck to em, more so if the motor ain't got no story or muscular innards.. 

I'm not seeing cheque stubs 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll call em out both seller and buyer as Davy Crocketts, Mike n Mal's, et al and love  em more for it ... trail blazers 

Don't get me wrong here as  I'm neither shy of, averse to nor unaware of market currents, but for not much more then you could have doubled down late last year and bought a very nice viper metallic C3 

2 ads on PP ain't no good indicator of an upswing, though if someone wants to drop 29k usd good luck to em, more so if the motor ain't got no story or muscular innards.. 

I'm not seeing cheque stubs 

Hi Michel

I am the guy you have refered to many times and have told your fellow PFA friends bogus stories about having discussions with me about the c3 engine I sold. I would like to give the guys here some simple facts. All you did was pm me via pelican to tell me it wasn't worth more than a sc 3l . If you carefully read the link posted about the guy in France selling the engine, you will see the buyer to my engine confirming what he paid. I don't know why you keep talking c3 cars and engines down. Is it because you you haven't had the chance to flip one. No idea just trying to work you out . 

Hi Michel

I am the guy you have refered to many times and have told your fellow PFA friends bogus stories about having discussions with me about the c3 engine I sold. I would like to give the guys here some simple facts. All you did was pm me via pelican to tell me it wasn't worth more than a sc 3l . If you carefully read the link posted about the guy in France selling the engine, you will see the buyer to my engine confirming what he paid. I don't know why you keep talking c3 cars and engines down. Is it because you you haven't had the chance to flip one. No idea just trying to work you out . 

hi man with no name 

correct I did send pm's to you and was polite in suggesting to you that ( majority)  US buyers had no real conception of  what a C3 was ... I don't remember asserting it was worth only what an SC engine was or not.  But recollect saying the 29k for the engine as you listed it seemed on the high side. I also made no attempt nor, had interest in buying your motor and was only providing you with an opinion. 

As per my post you quoted,  I seem quite buoyant in my euphimisms and it seems you and the French buyer do indeed wear raccoon skin hats and drive S1 landies... kudos 

All said though, you and the buyer appear to have got a happy ending ? And I'm more than happy to kneel and give you my fealty, as  you sir did an almighty Fred Louganis of flips ... or gouging depending on what side of the rail lines you hail from ???

I may stand accused of  mixing  my metaphors and a reckless use of grammar, though please I shall not stand for been called out as a 'talker down' of C3's... nothing further from the truth .

hear it here again? Great motors , as for car they look and feel like a 74-77 mid year..but altogether a pukka carrera , just a little further down on the pecking order from the RS , 74-76 MFI carrera 

also, if I unduly and inadvertently slighted you, my apologies. 

as for needing to work it out, I'm pretty straight forward and  my number is 0477901911 please call 

cheers 

PS as for owning a C3 engine and car I can say I have had that pleasure ?

Edited by michel
The D in Fred the A in hear

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...