Carrera 3.0 market watch

9 hours ago, FAP911 said:

Closer to $96k with the buyers premium. I got one cheeky bid away.

Interesting night, most stuff sold for reasonable money.  Number plates still bring pretty good prices. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Just listed my c3.0 on carsales.  Will be 'best offer within the week' so will provide an accurate price gauge in the current market.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6429807/?Cr=20

Looks awesome Gav. The add mentions the seats in it are not original. What are they out of and are they sports seats with the thicker side bolsters?

6 hours ago, Tips said:

Looks awesome Gav. The add mentions the seats in it are not original. What are they out of and are they sports seats with the thicker side bolsters?

Hi mate - I've now edited the ad for clarity - thanks for picking that up.

The seats currently in there are original tombstones as per the pics (I used another pair of seats for the past 3 years to preserve the tombstones....the replacements were the slightly later style & sat a little higher....tombstones feel a bit better in this car).  

On 06/12/2019 at 08:53, Stepo said:

Thanks mate - all pics the work of Jasyon Fong, great bloke as well as a fantastic photographer https://jaysonfong.com/  I just read today he's picked up another motorsport photographer of the year award in London - lucky to have met him.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know anything about this car? Its has been on the market for a while now. I remember when it was sold here in NSW a couple of years ago in the same condition/spec. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1976/sse-ad-6491041/

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Question ?

If it was originally tartan inside, should the door cards and rear seats therefore have tartan inserts too, or is this a black interior car that has simply had tartan inserts added later?

31 minutes ago, 1st said:

Question ?

If it was originally tartan inside, should the door cards and rear seats therefore have tartan inserts too, or is this a black interior car that has simply had tartan inserts added later?

I've seen varying options for interior trim including full tartan including door cards and variations inbetween, however I've not seen a variation with only front seat inserts optioned in tartan, so maybe has been added after - the trim looks pretty new. Still a cracking car & good to know where the market is at for relatively unmolested local cars! Will be interesting to see what it sells for - it's also missing the rear spoiler, although in a '77 that's not terrible, I'm just nit-picking...

Its a lovely car and drives well too....

I believe the tartan inserts have been added recently. It adds to the appeal of the car in my view. Somebody who wants to use the car can appreciate it, or someone wanting to bring it back to original can do that too. 

I wish them well and it will be very interesting to see what it brings.

Justin

Can also confirm based on some of my records, you could order tartan for the seat inserts only, or tick the additional option box (392) for the 'full tartan dress' treatment, which included tartan on all door/side panels and the panel behind the rear seats. I believe not many people were game enough to tick all the boxes. The full tartan dress treatment was notably applied to the very first (Carrera bodied) 911 Turbo that was gifted to Louise Porsche (Piech).

On 22/09/2020 at 21:10, Dreamr said:

That makes Humphrey B Bear look tame .... Love it!!

Saw that one just after it was found on the outskirts of Sydney.... beautiful car.... was just coming out of a divorce when it hit the market....circa 2009/2010?

But things worked out in the end....

Im beginning to think these mid 70's cars are getting a following like mid 20th century architecture.

Justin

• 11 months later...