Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

I know I'm not the only closet Alfa tragic, I have been watching this over the last few months or so.. and I like what I see! 

It's packing a Ferrari California V8 with 2 cylinders lobbed off and two hair dryers to make 500+ HP + RWD. Yes please! 

http://www.caradvice.com.au/445741/2016-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-review 

I think Chris Harris & Motor Trend covered it a lot better than this ^^ mind you. 

Great looking sedan! 

2016-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-22.j

2016-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-15.j

2016-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-23.j

2016-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-25.j

2016-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Quadrifoglio-26.j

I must say it is a good looking car and think it is great Alfa are building cars like this ,,,the major issue I have with Alfa,s is the reputation for poor reliability and being fragile .....but have to give them credit for trying to make something exciting and they are certainly producing some interesting cars of late :) 

I do hope the reliability & build quality are inline with the market segment expectations for the current year of 2017 and not of those in 1987! ?

Allegedly the best of the best from fiat group companies were appointed to design & build it, but let's hope there wasn't any Chrysler input! 

Moving on, this car changes everything! I hope it's a sign of things to come for Alfa.. 

Rust was the only Alfa issue that I encountered in 30 years of ownership,I don`t know about later models being unreliable, but frankly MB`s BM`s,Audi`s and even our beloved Porsches are far more unreliable than their reputation would suggest.Anyway who cares, that thing is bloody awesome.If you want reliable, get a Toyota.

EVO magazine were fairly impressed, gave it =6 place in their 2016 Car of the Year equal with the M3 GTS... It's not always about numbers but how it makes you feel and if Alfa has got that back all the better the world of cars will be for it.

I used to work at a petrol depot as a young lad and whenever one of the wealthier farmers in the district turned up in his 1850 I'd cheekily say '... so fill up the oil and top up the petrol' and he'd reply with a smile 'you'll understand one day'

He must have been a glutton for punishment though as he had an early XJ12C Jaguar as well which was always At the mechanics ?

would have one instead of an M3 any day. far more interesting

It'd be interesting right around year 3 I reckon.

Love the idea of an Alfa.

Sensational looking thing, but it wouldn't get me out of my Panzer though.

from today's Age newspaper:

Alfa Romeo has finally put a dollar figure on its range-topping Giulia QV.

The Italian brand has announced its red-hot sports sedan will cost from $143,900 (plus on-road costs) when it arrives in local showrooms from the middle of February.

That positions it directly between its two main adversaries, the BMW M3 and Mercedes-AMG C63 S which cost from $139,615 and $158,115 respectively, even though it is faster than both of them around the famed and gruelling Nurburgring Nordschliefe circuit.

• 2 years later...

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I would revive this one. Anyone out there actually get into one?  I was thinking of getting rid of my Redline and getting into this as my daily driver. Anyone have any feedback on reliability and maintenance woes? The interior is a bit of a let down but the rest looks great. Going for a drive this week as the dealer had none available. Interestingly enough they didnt actually sell all of their allocations / original cars and have not ordered new cars since. There is a flood of 17 and 18 cars coming onto the market as new/demonstrators due to this fact.

I personally dont care about new or lightly used as it will be my daily drive and rather someone else take the depreciation hit on this thing. 

• 1 month later...