RWB Film on IMAX Melbourne Museum

Chern911

Hey folks!

Wanted to share this and invite you guys to a movie screening. It is a project that I've been working on for the past two years. It started off as a 5 minute YouTube video and grew into a full on film for the cinema.

This film is unlike any other videos that you may have seen floating around the internet,  it captures the many unseen characters of Akira Nakai, a Japanese Porsche racer and wide-body 911 builder travelling to Australia to build Southern Cross, the first car Down Under. It tells the story of how it feels like to go to a 12 hour endurance race with him in Japan together with the extended RWB family from around the world.

Kind word of caution:

If you're after period correctness, this is not for you.

If you're after clinical and rubber-gloved workshop floors, this is not for you.

If you're expecting to see lab coats, clean tartan, fedora hats, wine and cheese at the races, this really isn't for you.

What to expect:

A film with a lot of dirt and grime, a heavy car crash and a tin shed with 7 RWB Porsche's to the colour of Skittles and a workshop floor littered well worn slicks, tools and fibre-glass in the air.

Film website:

www.RWB.film

PFA Members:

The cinema is largely free-seating, however I have allocated the rear-most rows to PFA and my foreign guests (including Nakai-san).

The rear 4 rows are the best seats in the house, and group buy is available with free movie t-shirts for you guys. So let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you Kerry and Orlando for allowing me to post this up!

NB:

Did I mention we cut up Porsche's too?

Chern. (chern@rwb-australia.com)

movie pos.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ive bought a deluxe pack for myself, and a PCV discounted earlybird ticket for my 12 year old son Nicholas.

Looking forward to the event  !!

Was just thinking about it,  if i wanted to buy a shirt for my son,  are they available on the day  ??

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to see you and your son Dale. Yeah, there will be small sized t-shirts available : )

Wilbur, will keep you and the PFA folks posted on this. Probably more screenings in due course  and this is just the premiere.

Ash trays - we are working on that, law says no smoking under covered areas.. that place has a big canopy over our heads..

see you all soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, must say,  we had a great day.

The film was very well produced and looked great .  Lots of nice driving scenes :)

I'm sure you are very happy and proud of what you have accomplished Chern .  

the meet and greet signing session was a nice bonus too , I have my posters at the picture framer .  They will go next to the one I have from Magnus Walker .  

And my son Nicholas was pretty impressed with being able to sign your car Chern  :) 

Nick. A    Right in the middle :)

great to meet you and Sean  too Rod ,  see you around the traps somewhere.

Cheers

Dale 

Archived