TrackDay.01 PREP NIGHT - Wed Jan 25th

Orlando

In preparation for TrackDay.01, the PFA and NINEAUTO are partnering to bring you a Prep Night on Wednesday, January the 25th, 2017!

This will be an opportunity to learn how to prepare yourself and your Pcar for your first track day.

This is a beginner event aimed at preparing people new to the track in time for the Feb 12. TrackDay.01, however all are welcome

This event will cost 10$ per person and will go towards catering for the night. Tickets can be purchased here from the PFA Store - Events section.

We expect the night will go for approx. 2 hours between 7-9pm, and will feature tips and instructions from experienced track drivers/mechanics. 

The event will be held at NINEAUTO at 19 Wannan St, Highett, 3190. 

nineauto_logo.thumb.jpg.efe56bb84f2c0fe5

Guys will you do a dot point summary for interstaters  of anything out of the norm from normal track regulations.

The Prep Night will be a beginners night, going over track basics. If you have any track experience you should have covered everything previously.

Because the night will feature a short "scripted" talk, most of the night will progress organically from peoples experience levels and questions. Due to this nature we won't be providing any "lecture notes" so to speak. 

There will be an initial safety talk from Driver Dynamics on the day that will also cover basics, as well as their instructors being available all day for any questions, in addition to the NINEAUTO guys who will be there with a garage on site ready and willing to field any specific car related questions/services.

If you have something specific you want asked before the event I can make sure it gets asked on the night and let you know the next day.

Of course people are welcome to make their own notes so you might be able to  get something from someone who's going. I'll update the list of attendees tonight :) 

Guys I cannot make the night, so need to ensure I turn up on the day with the right gear.

my questions would be

helmets

extinguisher

headlights masked?

bonnet straps?

long sleeve tops and pants?

recommended psi?

when is final payment due?

Symsy letting me drive his GT3?

Thankyou

Jonathan

Guys I cannot make the night, so need to ensure I turn up on the day with the right gear.

my questions would be

helmets

extinguisher

headlights masked?

bonnet straps?

long sleeve tops and pants?

recommended psi?

when is final payment due?

Symsy letting me drive his GT3?

Thankyou

Jonathan

Since your local I'm happy to do a quick run over your car after work one night if you want.

No fammable clothing - long sleeves and pants with enclosed shoes

Extiguisher with metal bracket mounted securely - cams approved. Not a caravan extinguisher.

Helmet with AS1698 sticker.

PSI depends on tyres. Each tyre is different. 

Final payment due this Friday.

Can't talk for Symsy.

Since your local I'm happy to do a quick run over your car after work one night if you want.

No fammable clothing - long sleeves and pants with enclosed shoes

Extiguisher with metal bracket mounted securely - cams approved. Not a caravan extinguisher.

Helmet with AS1698 sticker.

PSI depends on tyres. Each tyre is different. 

Final payment due this Friday.

Can't talk for Symsy.

thanks mike! Your only a stones throw away!

@symsy it will be just like kicking tyres......?

I will be helping out on the night - there is nothing in the documentation I have seen that says an extinguisher is a requirement for this event.

This is an advanced driver training event, CAMS rules are not involved, it is up to the organisers to set the rules.

In. Need to have a chat to Stu anyway ?

Extingusher? Really? If it catches fire I'm letting it burn....may sound harsh but I've had a rally car catch fire and those poky cabin extinguishers are next to useless.

In. Need to have a chat to Stu anyway ?

Extingusher? Really? If it catches fire I'm letting it burn....may sound harsh but I've had a rally car catch fire and those poky cabin extinguishers are next to useless.

Interesting comments!

So if it catches fir while you are on a track is your car covered by your insurance?

I've done similar driver training/track days before and what's needed is the crash hat and clothing. 

No no need for additional bonnet straps, extinguishers or to remove spares bla bla bla

just bring your street car with an empty boot

Interesting comments!

So if it catches fir while you are on a track is your car covered by your insurance?

It's a trackday, I doubt you have any kind of insurance cover.

My comment may sound flippant re: the extinguisher, but I've got past experience of trying to put out a car fire with one and unless you're *very* quick, they're next to useless. The damage caused is enough (generally) to render the car a massive pest to renovate.

I've done similar driver training/track days before and that's needed is the crash hat and clothing. 

No no need for additional bones straps, exstinguishers or to remove spares bla bla bla

just bring your street car with an empty boot

what so bodies in boot have to be removed?

Archived