First P Car - Please recommend a daily driver

vtsyrlin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man, I want to meet @symsy! 

Symsy, when do you tour north qld next? 

Nth Qld , aint been there , better come visit , any good cars up there or are they all Troopys and convertables ? Tell me it aint so ;)

Shall I change the title of the thread to "Who is Keyeser Symsy ?"

Man you should talk, I didnt even know I was Famous.. I demand , perrier water , pit girls the lot,  now Im in demand.

Oh and some of those dudes that clean your windscreen and stuff  , big TV in the garage and just stuff if Im attending this gig.

I had better go practice me " Cool for Cats " Karikoe number in case these punters demand a performance or something.

When you do decide on what car you want drop me a PM and I will see whats in the little black book ;)

Well gents, it's been a few days of research to finally lock myself into a particular car and stick to it.

I am now in the market for a 996tt. Yep - I want the turbo and make mine manual. If anyone knows of a good car for sale, please don't hesitate to let me know. Now, would anyone be "game" enough to take me around for a lap of Sandown in the passenger seat during the next drive day? (drinks are on me)

Cheers

Vlad

996tt in manual form... that combination holds a certain appeal to me as well. Next question is whether you consider cars with modifications or decide to stay stock. Good luck with your search, please leave one behind for me!

> Also borrowing big sums for a car that will likely be more liability than an asset also has whiskers on it.  Only borrow for appreciating asset purchases. 

this...unless your money tree is out of control don't borrow 100k for a depreciating piece of machinery with high servicing costs.

A cheaper Porsche will still be fun and you can buy a lot of Uber trips with the interest saved.  A 50k Cayman will still bring a smile to your face and you can invest the surplus for when it comes time to pay cash for a turbo.

if you're richer than god ignore my advice.

Archived