993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

I'll I'll go hunting. But I can only imagine what it went for.

If we'd only had an inkling of what was going to kick off, I would have bought them all, stuck them in a warehouse and waited.

there is a dealer over here that is buying up all the 997 GTS cars he can lay his hands on and they've gone up £10-20k

.....Interested to know what formula you use to arrive at those figures, compared to how I arrive at my figures...

No formula Sandy, estimates are based on an unreliable memory of the small sample size sold through Carsales that is "analysed" by my grab bag of heuristics!

964 - Half a million dollar man dissapeared, I sense a bit of that will happen when the interest rates start to climb.

Shit I also have no idea why anyone would want to go backward to a 964 turbo from a 993 widebody. Especially when a 993 turbo kills a 964 in all departments, you would put your money tere and have change over a 964 turbo would you not.  Holy war invitation this is not !

Was that 964 Turbo in white by any chance? 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I know 993 Turbo's are a great car. I've followed their prices for a long time, and seen them become solid around the $250-300k mark.

But this new listing sets the benchmark both on price and low kms:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-19101673/?Cr=4

$550,000 & 9,000kms

Saw that today, ridiculous. My view is you would probably need to Reseal the engine as it’s been pretty much sitting around for 24 years doing nothing.....🙄

If anyone is after a lowish km black on black 993 turbo I know one that’s about to go on market in Sydney

On 03/09/2020 at 16:38, luzzo said:

I know 993 Turbo's are a great car. I've followed their prices for a long time, and seen them become solid around the $250-300k mark.

But this new listing sets the benchmark both on price and low kms:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-19101673/?Cr=4

$550,000 & 9,000kms

$550k.   Hmm.    What's this one worth then like for like?.  Couldn't superzoom on the odometer to get a comparative on the k's. PS I am surprised they didn't get the  toothbrush onto the exhaust exhaust tips. ( an oversight perhaps).  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-91o-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-19101673/?Cr=31-turb

yes, this is a lovely "time warp" car, likely a collectors car

what blue color is that? any type of blue in particular?

PCM did sell a mnaual 97 navy blue C2s with 35000km  earlier this year for $250k within 1 week of listing , then the car that it was traded on , a tip silver C2s 96 with 40000 kms sold for $230k approx also within 1 week of listing

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 18:42, Tips said:

If anyone is after a lowish km black on black 993 turbo I know one that’s about to go on market in Sydney

Having gone for a drive with the owner yesterday, he like most has pre sale jitters every time he takes it out. He has decided to not sell at the moment, which is good for him. Unfortunately for those that have reached out this one won’t be going to market.

As a data point I sold my Zenith Blue 993 C2S tipper about 2 years ago for $165k.  Just over 100k klms and a lovely car (if you like them which I don't hence I sold it).  In my view it was a very lucky sale as the market declined shortly there after and the buyer paid full asking price which is rare.

7 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

I sold my Zenith Blue 993 C2S tipper about 2 years ago for $165k.  Just over 100k klms and a lovely car (if you like them which I don't hence I sold it).

I was looking for feedback on 993/996/997.1 Tippers... Are they all similar gearboxes?

What did you personally not like about it?

Whats the general thoughts on how they drive?

58 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I was looking for feedback on 993/996/997.1 Tippers... Are they all similar gearboxes?

What did you personally not like about it?

Whats the general thoughts on how they drive?

993 is a 4 speed and was the reason I sold my 993. I’ve got a 996 TT tipper and the gearbox is brilliant by comparison. The 996 / 7 tipper is a 5 speed and for my money works really well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a price guide range for a ‘94 manual 993 C2 manual in midnight blue ...? Coming up soon, a dealer buddy of mine has just secured it ~ a  tasty Adelaide car so dry and garaged. 

where have these been trading ? 

7 hours ago, 1st said:

Anyone have a price guide range for a ‘94 manual 993 C2 manual in midnight blue ...? Coming up soon, a dealer buddy of mine has just secured it ~ a  tasty Adelaide car so dry and garaged. 

where have these been trading ? 

mate picked up a locally delivered black over tan C2S in March 90k km in fantastic condition and history. paid circa $195k I believe.
if you are passing on the one you have been told about i have strong interest if it stacks up.  
edit just realised I read it as C2S. 

• 1 month later...

hey guys , ive  got a 96 midnight blue 993 targa with 104ks and all books , owned it for 11 years and considering selling , not sure if put it on carsales or this forum,ive only posted a couple of times over the years so not even sure this post is getting noticed, I would appreciate some feedback on its possible value , or if it gets interest here as well . cheers gaz