993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

Love that interior!

For some reason 993's have declined a bit in value as the 964 is the flavour of the month....I am sure that will change at some point though as the 993 is an amazing car.

Great looking car, i'm unsure if targa detracts from value in 993's or adds.  Either way the marks seems to be $120ish if you wanna move it fast.

3 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Love that interior!

For some reason 993's have declined a bit in value as the 964 is the flavour of the month....I am sure that will change at some point though as the 993 is an amazing car.

Great looking car, i'm unsure if targa detracts from value in 993's or adds.  Either way the marks seems to be $120ish if you wanna move it fast.

$120k for a targa tip is very high! It would be a sub $100k car. I know of a manual coupe at $110k, and there are manual cabs under $100k. The last targa was a silver one that was advertised at $85k and sold

7 minutes ago, JLD said:

$120k for a targa tip is very high! It would be a sub $100k car. I know of a manual coupe at $110k, and there are manual cabs under $100k. The last targa was a silver one that was advertised at $85k and sold

I have been watching the 993 market closely for quite some time. I would have thought a tip Targa would be 100k or so. If you can get a manual Coupe for 110k I would jump on it every day of the week. 

4 minutes ago, TDW911 said:

I have been watching the 993 market closely for quite some time. I would have thought a tip Targa would be 100k or so. If you can get a manual Coupe for 110k I would jump on it every day of the week. 

I can! High ks though, but well looked after apparently 

On 31/01/2021 at 13:02, gaza said:

IMG_0394.thumb.JPG.d10da80ca5aeef8e854d6a71c38a2b0b.JPGIMG_5033.thumb.jpg.d65de13bf8668d1aa365724194123bd9.jpg

IMG_2723.PNG

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

Nice clean  pitch it at 119k and see what bites , I would ride out the market surge and post it up for sale at what you feel...  Its not impossible to get a manual conversion if someones desperate and the interior colour is nice .   Controversial but the 993 is so much more palatable to own and drive over the 964 .. not that I don't love a 964 .   Low kms too.

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Nice clean  pitch it at 1119k and see what bites , I would ride out the market surge and post it up for sale at what you feel...  Its not impossible to get a manual conversion if someones desperate and the interior colour is nice .   Controversial but the 993 is so much more palatable to own and drive over the 964 .. not that I don't love a 964 .   Low kms too.

Nah he’s wrong. I have both 993RS and TT and my 964’s more than hold their own. Get all of them if you can.

28 minutes ago, njb said:

Nah he’s wrong. I have both 993RS and TT and my 964’s more than hold their own. Get all of them if you can.

Hornets nest prodded 😀. Yup agree sold the 964 last year.  When I had the 964 no one wanted to buy ... shows you how the public opinions ebb and flow. 

I think the 993 still a great car that aint pulling attention at the moment and presents great value .

thanks for the feedback, I guess ill hang on to it for a bit longer , not taking up any room in the garage and also theres not much around at the moment to compare except for cabriolets and repairable write offs, and imports 

1 hour ago, gaza said:

thanks for the feedback, I guess ill hang on to it for a bit longer , not taking up any room in the garage and also theres not much around at the moment to compare except for cabriolets and repairable write offs, and imports 

Out of interest, what did you think it was worth?  Obviously more than the number thrown out above?

8 hours ago, gaza said:

theres really nothing on the market with those ks and full service history and Australian delivered at the moment ? 

I was looking for ridiculious money but thought it was worth a bit more than 120k

Try its a clean car.. you may be surprised in this market , cant hurt , its the price of advert.. this lot will help you write it , just make sure you vacuum it before you photo it as this lot will never let you off the hook ;) 

On 31/01/2021 at 19:41, JLD said:

that silver targa was being adverstised for over 2 years on carsales by a private seller in VIC.

it then disappeared to reappear as a dealer car in NSW i think. it then disappeared quite quickly after that so i assume it sold. it was a UK import

33 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

werent these selling for $220k+ 2-3 years ago?:

Are you referring to the wide body Carrera S? I don't think so for the Carrera 4. 

To be honest I don't follow the 993's that closely, but seems up slightly for a 993 AWD like across all A/C cars.