993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

You watch Turbo's rise up to the $400's when they see this ad! 😅

I think the seller might just be a little optimistic at $325k 

Mint turbos are already at $400k Lee this is based on actual off market sales recently 

3 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

Carreras are rocketing up. The others not sure as not much on the market. 

It feels like the 993 Carreras have just caught up with the market being some what undervalued when compared to 3.2 carreras and 964’s 

2 hours ago, James P said:

Mint turbos are already at $400k Lee this is based on actual off market sales recently 

Yep can attest to that James, mate did one in Sydney at that price last week, only lasted 24 hours of people knowing it was on market.

1 hour ago, 99TS3 said:

So pretty. Love that 993S.  $290k.

Last one I recall actually listed for sale (on Carsales) was a White 993S at Porschaden for $225k (iirc) .  

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

So pretty. Love that 993S.  $290k.

Last one I recall actually listed for sale (on Carsales) was a White 993S at Porschaden for $225k (iirc) .  

That was a beautiful colour combo (white/burgundy). Automatic though. 

5 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

This is Harold's (Hazza McFazza) ex car that he sold to this dealer recently. Knowing Harold it will be a lovely example.

3 hours ago, tomk86 said:

That was a beautiful colour combo (white/burgundy). Automatic though. 

2 hours ago, wegentop said:

Luzzo is right, Porschedan had one April last year, sold within a month.   

Yep, that's about the timing. 

The car I'm referring to was a 993C2S in White and Manual

5 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Yep, that's about the timing. 

The car I'm referring to was a 993C2S in White and Manual

Tomk86 must referring to the one sold early this year from autohaus hamilton. a white c2s auto pretty sure the asking price was ard 220k

porschaden had one but didnt even need to post any pics- only 1 pic to say that it sold within a day of being on their IG

FLyAutohaus, sold one 2 months ago,this was on carsale : white with black interior, tiptronic

approx 114-000kms, ask was 225$, their bottom line on the car was $200k,

i offered $180k they declined

On 02/06/2021 at 11:58, 911virgin said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/OAG-AD-19876234/?Cr=9

here's a very nice condition targa

love that turquoise green

$165K,   they are spot on with the asking price  -the same prices as recent public sales

this has gone from the autohaus hamilton website and carsale.................likely sold!

beautiful color

I’m seeing a spread of ~100K + in the asking price of a manual coupe vs a cab for the more sought after ‘96 or ‘97.  Are the coupes really worth that much more than a cab with all else being approximately equal ??

10 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

I’m seeing a spread of ~100K + in the asking price of a manual coupe vs a cab for the more sought after ‘96 or ‘97.  Are the coupes really worth that much more than a cab with all else being approximately equal ??

I’ve had both and I think the answer is no.  911 cabs drive really well, are quiet with the top up and fun with the top down - as these cars move more into the collectable (ie. limited use) space I think the price gap might narrow. 

That said, 911 cabs are quite the anomaly - in most collector marques open cars are worth more than closed.

I think a “clubsport” style cab would be a great thing - cool wheels/tyres, slightly upgraded suspension, roll hoop, groovy seats etc. 

10 hours ago, OBRUT said:

I’ve had both and I think the answer is no.  911 cabs drive really well, are quiet with the top up and fun with the top down - as these cars move more into the collectable (ie. limited use) space I think the price gap might narrow. 

That said, 911 cabs are quite the anomaly - in most collector marques open cars are worth more than closed.

I think a “clubsport” style cab would be a great thing - cool wheels/tyres, slightly upgraded suspension, roll hoop, groovy seats etc. 

@OBRUT its great to get a POV from someone who has actually owned both.  I want an air cooled 993 but struggling at the moment with what I am seeing in terms of price gaps from a Cab/Tip to a Cab/Manual to a Coupe/Manual in the '96 and '97 years.  It's super tempting to go for what looks like a great deal on a Cab/Tip .... but then the nagging voice in my head says I will not be smiling as much or enough unless it's manual to really enjoy the full driving experience.  Right now I can buy a 993 for ~ 79k and also ~ 315k  ( not outside a C2/S ) version. ie. no Turbo's or RS etc included in this mix.   That is a massive spread in this awesome 993 range for an air cooled driving experience in terms of " bang for buck " !

Any thoughts / opinions for those who have any of these awesome cars very welcomed ! 

4 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

I want an air cooled 993 but struggling at the moment with what I am seeing in terms of price gaps from a Cab/Tip to a Cab/Manual to a Coupe/Manual in the '96 and '97 years. 

Why are you limiting yourself to only 96 or 97 year cars?  Is it only to focus on Varioram Build/model? If so, I can appreciate the desire for the update. 

I have owned a 993 manual Coupe; Hindsight and all that Jazz, would have it back in a flash. When i was searching to buy, even 15 years ago it was difficult to find a good car - I felt the Varioram update was not as important as finding the 'right' car. 

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

When i was searching to buy, even 15 years ago it was difficult to find a good car - I felt the Varioram update was not as important as finding the 'right' car. 

Solid advice - these cars are 23-27 years old now so condition, service history and the way it drives are the important factors above all others now .  

I've owned my 993 for about 15 years. When I bought it I drove many with & without Varioram....my conclusion at the time was that there was very little difference in real world driving conditions. Scott SS964 & luzzo are 100% on the money that buying on condition / service history are more important. My 993 is a 94 pre-varioram.....it's my all time favourite car & have never felt short changed !!