993 - WTF theres still some for sale - Market Watch

2 hours ago, MR901 said:

I've owned my 993 for about 15 years. When I bought it I drove many with & without Varioram....my conclusion at the time was that there was very little difference in real world driving conditions. Scott SS964 & luzzo are 100% on the money that buying on condition / service history are more important. My 993 is a 94 pre-varioram.....it's my all time favourite car & have never felt short changed !! 

Thanks @MR901 @luzzo @Scott SS964 for your feedback on ownership.  I get your points.  I guess my perception has been that the varioram models were the one's to get but as stated;  condition and service history would trump everything else notwithstanding asking $.   Two questions:

1. Is the manual a must over the Tip or are the tips in these cars pretty good fun driving as well ? ...  and  2.  anybody here have direct knowledge of any 993's currently on sale which meet the criteria of having excellent service history and condition ?   cheers

4 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

Thanks @MR901 @luzzo @Scott SS964 for your feedback on ownership.  I get your points.  I guess my perception has been that the varioram models were the one's to get but as stated;  condition and service history would trump everything else notwithstanding asking $.   Two questions:

1. Is the manual a must over the Tip or are the tips in these cars pretty good fun driving as well ? ...  and  2.  anybody here have direct knowledge of any 993's currently on sale which meet the criteria of having excellent service history and condition ?   cheers

To answer question #1. I think the answer depends on how you intend to use the car. I would never buy a tiptronic for a track car but would definitely consider  as a daily driver with occasional blasts around the hills. I had a 996 with tipronic as a daily & loved it !! I personally prefer the purity of a manual however if you can find a tiptronic at a 50k discount don't ignore it. They are better than most write ups would have you believe & very easy to live with on a day to day basis...

On 18/06/2021 at 17:29, tomk86 said:

Crazy stuff, but then I think to myself I’d rather this any day of the week than a 992 S that will halve in value over the next decade.

13 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

price has gone up to $349k!

That 992 S is looking better and better 

Hi, a favour to ask please. A friend has a 993 he is considering selling, and I am trying to help with a valuation. Very hard due to the low sales volumes, and so hoping for some advice from the experts here!

1997 993 Carrera 2S
Coupe
Manual
Arctic Silver
150,000km

Full service history

It was imported from UK in 2014, but for the sake of my question and to keep it simple let's pretend it's Australian delivered (I'll add the "UK tax" later)

15 hours ago, twro said:

Hi, a favour to ask please. A friend has a 993 he is considering selling, and I am trying to help with a valuation. Very hard due to the low sales volumes, and so hoping for some advice from the experts here!

1997 993 Carrera 2S
Coupe
Manual
Arctic Silver
150,000km

Full service history

It was imported from UK in 2014, but for the sake of my question and to keep it simple let's pretend it's Australian delivered (I'll add the "UK tax" later)

What the one above sold for and maybe knock 10 - 15% off that due to higher KM?

15 hours ago, twro said:

pretend it's Australian delivered

2 minutes ago, 99TS3 said:

What the one above sold for and maybe knock 10 - 15% off that due to higher KM?

Not sure I'd agree with that. The Silver one at Autohaus only had 66,000kms. There's a premium attached to very low kms like that. 

There is an Aus delivered Red one for sale at the moment which (was listed before the Autohaus car) which has 119,000km and is $289k and still for sale. (Looks gorgeous to me and known to a PFA member iirc). 

Porsche 911 Carrera S 993 Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-911-carrera-s-993-manual/OAG-AD-19909226

If we are pretending your friends car @twro is Aus delivered, an example with 150,000kms would have to be discounted under that. (Maybe 10%..?). Then you would have to start with the UK import subtraction... 

46 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Not sure I'd agree with that. The Silver one at Autohaus only had 66,000kms. There's a premium attached to very low kms like that. 

There is an Aus delivered Red one for sale at the moment which (was listed before the Autohaus car) which has 119,000km and is $289k and still for sale. (Looks gorgeous to me and known to a PFA member iirc). 

Porsche 911 Carrera S 993 Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-911-carrera-s-993-manual/OAG-AD-19909226

If we are pretending your friends car @twro is Aus delivered, an example with 150,000kms would have to be discounted under that. (Maybe 10%..?). Then you would have to start with the UK import subtraction... 

Also - basically depends how quickly you want to sell.   Everybody is being opportunistic with the current market conditions and some are tossing crazy prices out there.  If I was you or your mate I would be finding out what exactly the closed deal price was negotiated on the car above at Autohaus and then also look at that awesome guards red for sale at 289k as mentioned  ( albeit that has not sold yet )  here and factor in the non-Aust delivered UK car import discount.  I don't know whether that is 10 or 15% .... go with consensus view from other more experienced and long term P owners.   Good luck !  sounds like a great car. 

24 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

Everybody is being opportunistic with the current market conditions and some are tossing crazy prices out there.

The market is the market regardless; a buyer will always feel like prices are too high and a seller will always want at or around what the market is at any point in time.

The 993 market has moved and rightly so it is probably now in line with the rest of the market. I had a guy say to me last week I could have bought a 993 2 years ago for 120k now I can't even get a manual coupe for love nor money. If we all had our investment caps on a 993 at 120k compared to a 79SC at the same money .......you know what i am saying.

With regards to attaining true facts on sales data this is never really available unless its a public auction or an immediate source even then?; so all we have to go buy is the last listed price. 

17 hours ago, twro said:

Based on Hazza's Red car I'd work on 250-260K then allow 25-30k less for a UK car this is on the generous side others would depreciate the value of a UK car a lot more you'll find.

2 hours ago, mrar said:

Not always about investment,  could of bought a arena red  man 993 4s years back with 90kms for $90k, missed another 933 manual around same time for $70k due to dealer incompetence.

I don't feel sad a bout that, recon I dodged two bullets.

I bought my aus 78 sc non sun manual for $68k years ago and wouldn't swap it for that 993 I missed in a fit.

That's just me.

I hope buyers and sellers get what they want, I did with this sc.

I missed a 83' SC for $43,000 about 5 years ago. 

The market is unbelievable at the moment. 

I got an offer of $205,000 for my 88 3.2 with 170,000kms. Not concourse by any means, but a good car. 

Needless to say, as of last week I no longer own the car anymore. I've still got my early 3.2, which I don't plan on selling, but you know what they say, everything's for sale at the right price. 

3 hours ago, wangan said:

Needless to say, as of last week I no longer own the car anymore. I've still got my early 3.2, which I don't plan on selling, but you know what they say, everything's for sale at the right price. 

Spot on !  ... thats exactly what's going on at the moment.  Everything's for sale -  at the right price !  

993 market is buoyant i had a few people wanting mine hours after it going on sale last Saturday; the interest was such that it was making me feel i was under selling it. Anyway a successful PPI was completed today and the car is off to Sydney next week Happy buyer and seller.