Porsche's in the Park - Sun 5th March

turboT

Ok i got a question, are you allowing Peter M to go on this SMT driving a Passat, because as far as i know that's all he's got at the moment.:D

lend him one of yours

He's got a week to kick some tyres and buy, so maybe he is taking some lessons from symsy and might turn up in something, why don't you come and see...

he did have his eyes on that yellow GT3...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Tom, what part of my post was unclear?:P I will be at Brooklyn but am uncertain whether i can then do the long part of the drive. I might be stuck there offering advice on real estate agents.....:ph34r::lol:

so far:

Turbo T

Peter M

D2000

Port 911

Itsujack

Mrs Itsujack

Edgy

Apogee

Tips

Ourkind

SimonN

JonoF

@turboT - what brand and model are your toddler seats and who installed the anchor point on your parcel shelf? Looks like my Mrs will be in Melbourne next weekend, so Jack (my 2.5 y.o. son who is obsessed with Porsches) will join the ride. 

@turboT - what brand and model are your toddler seats and who installed the anchor point on your parcel shelf? Looks like my Mrs will be in Melbourne next weekend, so Jack (my 2.5 y.o. son who is obsessed with Porsches) will join the ride. 

If you car is an aussi car is should already have the anchors....?

AH put mine in.

@JonoF see my post here for your 2.5yo:  http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/9612-child-restraintsbooster-seats-for-911-what-i-bought/

recon we have about 15 confirmed. 20 sausage rolls ordered to be safe. I have reached out to the cafe again to open at 7am.

Could be the last time I have a meet outside my garage so 6am Paddington Lane for anyone that want to meet in the east. See the rest of you there

recon we have about 15 confirmed. 20 sausage rolls ordered to be safe. I have reached out to the cafe again to open at 7am.

Could be the last time I have a meet outside my garage so 6am Paddington Lane for anyone that want to meet in the east. See the rest of you there

maybe I could take up the B&B option whilst it's still available...... ?

Can you notch me down for two breakfasts - I'll have my little man in the car with me. ;)

Although it is too far away to even begin to think about, I am sure we will set up a secondary meeting point so those north of the harbour can meet up with the Eastern Suburbs Massive convoy. Usual place is the 7-Eleven on the Pacific Highway at Turramarra. I presume we will be heading up the M1. So does that work for the Eastern Suburbs crew? If you are doing 6.00am at Tom's, what time at Turramarra? 6.30am?

Although it is too far away to even begin to think about, I am sure we will set up a secondary meeting point so those north of the harbour can meet up with the Eastern Suburbs Massive convoy. Usual place is the 7-Eleven on the Pacific Highway at Turramarra. I presume we will be heading up the M1. So does that work for the Eastern Suburbs crew? If you are doing 6.00am at Tom's, what time at Turramarra? 6.30am?

I can go either way mate, if I don't do the Paddington bear meeting, I will catch you fellas at the 7/11 Turramurra. 

6:30am sounds about right. 

Just a heads up for those driving to Putty Road from Brooklyn via Peats Ridge after breakfast on the day.

There is a narrow stretch of road immediately after the first bridge crossing after passing the Wollombi Tavern called Paynes Crossing Road. This road is extremely narrow and signed 60km/hr.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/The+Wollombi+Tavern/@-32.9284774,151.1243416,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x35bd49d52986645f!8m2!3d-32.9387788!4d151.1405636

Some malicious person has cut two narrow but deep trenches on both the left and right side of this narrow road (at different locations). So go very slowly and watch out for them. Probably a resident in the area in an attempt to stop drivers and riders from going fast on that road. Someone will come off a bike and get killed one day.

I would suggest the Cowan truck stop as a meeting place as there is a wide open carpark there with toilets as a better place to meet. 

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Cowan+Rest+Area+-+Truck+Stop/@-33.6114781,151.1568362,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b0d50be6b302f7b:0x52a920c40b292919!8m2!3d-33.6114826!4d151.1590249

I would suggest the Cowan truck stop as a meeting place as there is a wide open carpark there with toilets as a better place to meet. 

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Cowan+Rest+Area+-+Truck+Stop/@-33.6114781,151.1568362,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b0d50be6b302f7b:0x52a920c40b292919!8m2!3d-33.6114826!4d151.1590249

Cowan is far too far away. That's almost there, so why not actually meet at the cafe? It's not a stop and chat but simply a way that for those ito the North can meet up for most of the run to Brooklyn. We have done the Turramarra meeting point a number of times and it works very well.

Now I would just like to ask, is this a weather dependant event, just want to know before I go searching & lock in some accommodation for the Saturday night down there somewhere, trying for as close to brooklyn as I can find.

As I will be driving down Saturday afternoon.  

Now I would just like to ask, is this a weather dependant event, just want to know before I go searching & lock in some accommodation for the Saturday night down there somewhere, trying for as close to brooklyn as I can find.

Weather does not affect this event!! Weather may affect events at this event though.....

I will be there eating 20 sausage rolls on my own if it rains no doubt :). If it rains i recon most will still turn up for the meet, but the drive will no doubt be subject to how bad it is

I will be there eating 20 sausage rolls on my own if it rains no doubt :). If it rains i recon most will still turn up for the meet, but the drive will no doubt be subject to how bad it is

20 sausage rolls + a drive, you may need to plan your stops around crappa facilities...

Archived