Philbee

Exhaust Upgrade for a Hotrod

Not having a good run @Philbee

Must be ridiculously frustrating. Hopefully it gets put right once and for all asap

Well, last weekend went for a SMT run to Marysville. There was actually a bit of snow roadside near the lake mountain turnoff (yes, a bit fresh) ...sorry I digress, my custom hand crafted sports muffler which has been giving me grief all these months (what grief, you ask? Look up), finally just decided to give it up. It started to  rattle all the time (all the time!) and ferociously went at speed. Decided, enough tinkering. That sucker, even though has cost me plenty of spondoolahs (thanks for nothing PS), is coming out! 

Picked up the car tonight  with a replacement second hand “test” muffler installed, compliments of Stu at nineauto. Took it straight home & sounded pretty good, just Goode olde  p-car sound. It’s a bit quieter (tamer) but sounds of silence is music to my rattle affected ears ....Ill need to give  it a run or 2 tosee how it hangs on. Here’s hoping....

Went for a decent drive this morning.... tested out the ‘test’ muffler. Hey presto, no rattles! Just idles quietly after an hour of whizzing around the dandenongs.  Gee it feels good pulling up next to a civilian and not getting a weird stare cos my car is making more noise than a tin of marbles falling down a drainpipe.

Although, the slight loss is a bit more sedate, a softer growl & no more pops and crackles on deceleration or down changes. I’m ok with that....   for now. ?

heres a sneak peek:

Test muff

41 minutes ago, Philbee said:

no more pops and crackles on deceleration or down changes. I’m ok with that...

Funny, as I want a muffler that does pop and crackle!

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

Funny, as I want a muffler that does pop and crackle!

People out for their morning stroll + my GT3 on downshift = priceless. I swear people think a guns gone off! 

40 minutes ago, hugh said:

People out for their morning stroll + my GT3 on downshift = priceless. I swear people think a guns gone off! 

Good lad ?????

Yep, the olde muffler certainly turned heads when it worked! I miss that already ! Nuttin like a pop n crackle!