Looking for a 911

Gsaps

Yeh she is not an original Pink master ,,,,,this one is a restored replica build with parts I like from that period ,,, Cheers and enjoy :)

I think that's what I like about it, that's kind of how you'd build the bike back in the day... buy it stock, upgrade the pedals. upgrade the seat. upgrade the hand grips... and so on.

Which sounds incredibly familiar when I think about it...

....... seems I need to learn how to pull the trigger quicker.. newbie nerves

Don't be to hard on yourself.  If it doesn't quite feel right don't do it, as it probably isn't. 

Just bide your time, the right one will turn up. 

Also, going against the trend of much of the advice here, I'd advise steering clear of LHD (pun intended). Much harder to sell when the time comes, and difficult to price properly anyway because so many fewer comparable sales. And driving LHD when driving on the left side of the road is not without its disadvantages, of course.

Another way getting a "cheaper" RHD is considering imports (as opposed to Aus delivered cars). They again won't be as easy to sell as an Aus delivered car when the time comes, but if you don't overpay in the first place, that shouldn't be a major issue. Rust can potentially be a problem in UK cars, and provenance, true mileage and service histories can be harder to ascertain on the imports. But if you do your homework and go in with your eyes open, you can do OK.

quick lefty Q for those who do... how often does your partner seek to come in a drive with you.. depending on circumstance maybe not a  bad thing .. but if you intend on dinking your beloved around. Anyone report on this ? 

No not at all Jonathan, it's in Qld I'm in Melb ... but I'd have it in my garage if I had the cash and it was a reasonable one. I've since read back into other posts many months back and like a few said the other day, it's a bit of a messy one all over and the paintjob is less than shite!

Also, going against the trend of much of the advice here, I'd advise steering clear of LHD (pun intended). Much harder to sell when the time comes, and difficult to price properly anyway because so many fewer comparable sales. And driving LHD when driving on the left side of the road is not without its disadvantages, of course.

Another way getting a "cheaper" RHD is considering imports (as opposed to Aus delivered cars). They again won't be as easy to sell as an Aus delivered car when the time comes, but if you don't overpay in the first place, that shouldn't be a major issue. Rust can potentially be a problem in UK cars, and provenance, true mileage and service histories can be harder to ascertain on the imports. But if you do your homework and go in with your eyes open, you can do OK.

I know I am a stuck record but........

Regrettably, I agree with the advice on LHD. A very reputable member has been trying to sell his very good, fairly priced LHD SC and has struggled. I am, however, coming round to the idea that driving a lhd car in Oz isn't as bad as i thought it would be.

I do disagree with you that imports aren't as easy to sell as Aus delivered cars, because, as you point out, this simply comes down to price. If either are expensive, they don't sell. If they are correctly priced, they sell. In all my research, I believe the evidence says that a correctly priced import is easier to sell than an Oz car. The issue is that people ask too much for their imports and that makes them look as if they are hard to sell. But if you ask the right money and the car is provably rust free, because imports are up to say $30k+ cheaper (3.2's), more look at it. You then get those who were thinking of buying a "cheaper" model consider buying the import.

Archived