997 - the new Hotrod

symsy

Just buy a 996 C4S, Porsche already did the "hotrod" 996 coupe. No ugly holes in the side or superfluous rear wing. A handsome fat arsed,clean, un-cluttered, classic shaped ride (I may be biased).

Find a bit more grunt, drill some holes, add some stickers, sand paper the steering wheel & seats (= patina), badabing I'm the new Magnus Walker. Job done. Next.

I love every aspect of the 996 C4S other than the front end. I may be alone in this (and am definitely in the minority) but I prefer the 996.1 front end (especially with a GT3/Aero bumper)

I dont see much value in the 996 C4s compared to the standard 996  02 onwards carrera, other than it wears the C4S badge. All that was extra on the car (and I may miss something - Lower suspension?) was S brakes, turbo wheels, turbo front and rear "under bumpers" , and one of the most important parts that makes a C4s - a wider body that is barely noticable, especially compared to the wider bodies in relation to standard on previous and post models. No performance uprade with the engine at all. Not particularly rare, 11 on carsales atm. My cashola would go to the standard 996 for the 30% saving.

Archived