Building a garage in Bronte

turboT

8 hours ago, GRK930 said:

Great floor plan. Would you consider an elevator? From my own experience (5 level town house) it’s handy. 

A plan several generations ago had one. In the end costs, hight restrictions and floor space ratio prevented an inclusion. The block size is only 230m2 so we are only permitted approximately 200sqm of internal living space. Then we are restricted to 7.5m hight at the front of the building. A big ask for three stories. Then building costs have got out of control in Sydney. In a previous design we allowed for a lot of excavation of the the land to accomodation extra space until we got a quote for over $900,000 to carry out ground works/demo. This design I am expecting to reduce this to under $200k. 

Theres a whole lot of thought that has gone into this simple box. We actually got away with a whole lot of things we thought council would reject, but I strongly believe that if you know the rules, you know how to bend them ?

• 10 months later...

THREAD REVIVAL

Wasted alot of time last year working with a company called Modscape. Long story short - they could never get a handle on pricing and keeping to budget..

So over Xmas set about a redesign. Still sticking within the original DA, but looking at cheaper construction methods + no longer under the constraints of having to load your house in pieces on a truck. Works been crazy busy so the home project usually gets put to one side, but given myself a deadline to get this off to tender.

FRONT%20copy_zpspqgiieux.jpg

GARAGE%20copy_zps9gdhx4vm.jpg