Raceking Race Car Trailers

Apogee

He said he would rather have the futura. I am talking about the full flat deck tilta tandem. Where did you get your pricing? It's not on their website. A fully loaded futura is about 13k (wheel rack, stone guard, winch and spare wheel). 

One key difference is the futura is on leaf springs whilst the tilta uses airbags. Is the general consensus that airbags are far superior to leaf springs??

I got the pricing for the Tilta one from the ebay links I posted in a post above. The base tandem tilta with airbags is $6600. So about half the cost of the Futura.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the pricing for the Tilta one from the ebay links I posted in a post above. The base tandem tilta with airbags is $6600. So about half the cost of the Futura.

I just rang Tilta before. A 911 needs a slightly longer bed if you want to drive on nose first. $8800 for the full floor tandem delivered to Adelaide. The stone guard, electric winch, jerry can holder and wheel rack bring the total to $10,770 incl 12 month rego. Approximately 4 week wait (prob less for eastern states).

Futura with all of the same options is $13890 ex melbourne + rego. 3-4 month wait for delivery. It's pretty cool but is it 30% better than the tilta? Then i'd also imagine airbag is better to tow than leaf spring...

I just rang Tilta before. A 911 needs a slightly longer bed if you want to drive on nose first. $8800 for the full floor tandem delivered to Adelaide. The stone guard, electric winch, jerry can holder and wheel rack bring the total to $10,770 incl 12 month rego. Approximately 4 week wait (prob less for eastern states).

Futura with all of the same options is $13890 ex melbourne + rego. 3-4 month wait for delivery. It's pretty cool but is it 30% better than the tilta? Then i'd also imagine airbag is better to tow than leaf spring...

For now, I think Tilta is the go for me esp the base model Tandem. $10K for the Futura (although it is very nice) is just a bit too much to justify. 

For now, I think Tilta is the go for me esp the base model Tandem. $10K for the Futura (although it is very nice) is just a bit too much to justify. 

I have seen the tilta in the flesh and it's an awesome trailer. The futura looks a little flashier and has a slightly better angle of attack but as you said, it's bloody expensive at nearly 14K for an open trailer with all of the bits I would need.

Hi spiller, if you are after a cheaper alternative, I have my tandem with nose cone for sale on TrailerSales.com and I'm in North Haven SA.

I used it for transporting my widebody 993 GT2 replica around and it worked fine driving it on nose first by myself.

I have some sighter marks on the inside of the nose cone, the tyre rack and a few on the floor and one on the top of the dash.

Just line it up and up you go. It tows perfectly and is set up with "over tyre" tie down points for a 911.

Price negotiable. The race car is gone and I have no further use. Cheers, Rob.

• 7 months later...

Opening up this discussion again gents.  I'm going to be buying a trailer in the coming months.  Has to be tandem and easy to load and possible for me to move by hand on my own (sans car).  Also has to be multi-purpose in that primarily it will be for car transport but also ideally needs to be able to lug general stuff around.  Stupid to have 2 trailers if possible to avoid.

Any further thoughts or feedback from those with experience?  TIA.

DJM's (Trik) looks good - Doug, could you use MDF sheeting and rig it up so you can cart other stuff around if it was tied down?  I guess I could ask them to modify it for me.

Futura looks the goods and especially looks good for loading non car items but they seem pricey

Baillie look fine.  Worth a call I'd think

Tiltatrailer looks good.  I'd go the tandem with full slotted floor but even if cheaper than Futura look more expensive than something from Trik

Dean look respectable but have no info on car specific trailers.  Have to call them.  What a drag...

http://www.motorsporthauler.com/open-haulers why not?

Raceking are single wheeled so for me that's a no go for a few different reasons.  They do look really nice and light and compact though.

Opening up this discussion again gents.  I'm going to be buying a trailer in the coming months.  Has to be tandem and easy to load and possible for me to move by hand on my own (sans car).  Also has to be multi-purpose in that primarily it will be for car transport but also ideally needs to be able to lug general stuff around.  Stupid to have 2 trailers if possible to avoid.

Any further thoughts or feedback from those with experience?  TIA.

DJM's (Trik) looks good - Doug, could you use MDF sheeting and rig it up so you can cart other stuff around if it was tied down?  I guess I could ask them to modify it for me.

Futura looks the goods and especially looks good for loading non car items but they seem pricey

Baillie look fine.  Worth a call I'd think

Tiltatrailer looks good.  I'd go the tandem with full slotted floor but even if cheaper than Futura look more expensive than something from Trik

Dean look respectable but have no info on car specific trailers.  Have to call them.  What a drag...

http://www.motorsporthauler.com/open-haulers why not?

Raceking are single wheeled so for me that's a no go for a few different reasons.  They do look really nice and light and compact though.

I have a friend who has a company which sells these trailers.  I have asked him for the link and will share it soon. 

@Pork Chops The name of company is Woodford Trailers.   Look up woodfordtrailers.com.au or call Alan Chambers on 0400168016.  I have informed Alan that you may call.  Just mention me.  They make top end fully enclosed tiltable as well as open trailers.  Really great looking units.  I have some brochures that he dropped in too if anyone wants one.

all up cost was about $5,500 with 4 Jerry can holders, winch, storage box, LED lights, tyre rack etc.  I then went back and spent $1k or so to add electric brakes (a must when towing a car I reckon).  Great value relative to Nevco and others.

Rang Trik guys today and the price of your trailer incl the elec brakes is $8,800 but it does have a hydraulic tilting mech now worth $500 so they say.  Has to be a 2.8 ton job as the trailer is 800kgs plus 1,600 for the car is too big for the smaller framed trailer and if I place an order today it's Jan delivery.  I'm waiting to hear back from all the others I emailed today on price and delivery but Titla will make and deliver in 2 weeks.  Big difference in lead time.  Their base trailer which is well specéd is $8,100.

@Pork Chops The name of company is Woodford Trailers.   Look up woodfordtrailers.com.au or call Alan Chambers on 0400168016.  I have informed Alan that you may call.  Just mention me.  They make top end fully enclosed tiltable as well as open trailers.  Really great looking units.  I have some brochures that he dropped in too if anyone wants one.

Thanks so much.  They look really good.  They look light, and properly designed and I'll call Alan for sure.

I have an earlier version of one of these in tilting 3 axle. 

http://www.brianjames.co.uk/pdf/T4T6TRANSUK2017_Q3_1%5BWEB%5D_1.pdf

Fully gal’d so should be low maintance for a lifetime. 2 or 3 axle up to 3.5 tonne (2.5 load). Electric brakes in AU. Great general purpose as can load almost anything on top. Tows well and narrow track behind car is a big benefit while also having one of the widest decks using under slung wheels. Tilting to get the lowest cars onboard. No battery for breakaway as has spring loaded system so no maintance/charging and always ready to go. 

These also look very versatile

http://www.brianjames.co.uk/pdf/CARGOCON2016_Q3_1_web_1.pdf

I have an earlier version of one of these in tilting 3 axle. 

http://www.brianjames.co.uk/pdf/T4T6TRANSUK2017_Q3_1%5BWEB%5D_1.pdf

Fully gal’d so should be low maintance for a lifetime. 2 or 3 axle up to 3.5 tonne (2.5 load). Electric brakes in AU. Great general purpose as can load almost anything on top. Tows well and narrow track behind car is a big benefit while also having one of the widest decks using under slung wheels. Tilting to get the lowest cars onboard. No battery for breakaway as has spring loaded system so no maintance/charging and always ready to go. 

These also look very versatile

http://www.brianjames.co.uk/pdf/CARGOCON2016_Q3_1_web_1.pdf

They look good but seem to be available only from http://www.coastmactrailers.com.au/brian-james/ and they are in Perth and have a terrible website. Where id you buy yours from?  I note pricing seems to be around the $10k mark for what looks to be a rightish trailer.  Love to know where you get a $5k trailer from as they mostly seem closer to $10k than $5k.

Rang Trik guys today and the price of your trailer incl the elec brakes is $8,800 but it does have a hydraulic tilting mech now worth $500 so they say.  

fark that’s a big jump, next!

They look good but seem to be available only from http://www.coastmactrailers.com.au/brian-james/ and they are in Perth and have a terrible website. Where id you buy yours from?  I note pricing seems to be around the $10k mark for what looks to be a rightish trailer.  Love to know where you get a $5k trailer from as they mostly seem closer to $10k than $5k.

I got mine from these guys http://www.williamsraceservices.com.au/ but from their web site it seems they may no longer be importing. The trailer was bought in without axles and the electric brake AL-KO were fitted here as well as compliance plates etc. Freight from QLD was very reasonable if you are prepared to wait a few weeks for a back load. 

10K+ seems to be the range for anything that is quality. You wont be able to manouver the trailer in anything but a straight line on level concrete. I use a ride on mower to manouver it no problems. 

Well its out of the pan into the fire if not Trik.  Elsewhere they're that price but without all the accessories like tool boxes, fuel can holder, tyre racks, stone gaurds etc.

happy to find the invoices for mine and email copies to you and you can ask WTF.  I assume they were making no money so have lifted their prices.

happy to find the invoices for mine and email copies to you and you can ask WTF.  I assume they were making no money so have lifted their prices.

Thanks mate.  This guy (Baillie Industries as recommended above - he seems like a good guy on the phone and makes them all himself) is $4,700 but for a 2T gross trailer.  It weighs 500kgs so with a 1,400 kg car that leaves a tank of gas and you're at the legal limit.  I'll go back and check with Trik as I think they quoted 2,800 gross so they may have a cheaper option based on a smaller chassis.  Be interested in what your trailer is rated to.

FYI the trailer below tilts, has a hand winch, LEDs, electric brakes, 4 jerry can holders, tyre rack.  Price does not include a tool box or infill panels for non-car items but neither a biggie. 5,800 x 2,480 are the external dims and the mudguards are only 150mm above the deck so won't foul the doors.  

IMG_1237-L.jpg

Went to see Alan in Carrum Downs today.  Nice guy and great quality product but expensive compared to the other option (near double) and without any options or customisation factored in.  I'll keep an open mind on all options until the decision is made as value is the thing that matters the most over the ownership.

Can’t recall load rating, could well be lower because my RX7 is under a tonne.  Will check when I get home mid Nov

Trik are at $5k for a basic 2T GMV trailer. Add $2.5k for all the trimmings. The equivalent product with all the trimmings from Baillie is $5k. So if I’m going a local designed and made painted blue steel product (nothing too fancy) then Baillie seems to be the way to go. It’s getting hard for me to justify more than doubling the price for the imported or proprietary products. I’m not experienced at trailers so chime in if I’m missing something.

Trik are at $5k for a basic 2T GMV trailer. Add $2.5k for all the trimmings. The equivalent product with all the trimmings from Baillie is $5k. So if I’m going a local designed and made painted blue steel product (nothing too fancy) then Baillie seems to be the way to go. It’s getting hard for me to justify more than doubling the price for the imported or proprietary products. I’m not experienced at trailers so chime in if I’m missing something.

quiz the trailer builder on paint prep and spec, I’m near the beach and kicking myself I didn’t stump up for Gal and painted or powder coated or something.  It’s just hammertone type paint over mild steel.  Gut feel says it will corrode around welds, bolts etc where paint is not great

quiz the trailer builder on paint prep and spec, I’m near the beach and kicking myself I didn’t stump up for Gal and painted or powder coated or something.  It’s just hammertone type paint over mild steel.  Gut feel says it will corrode around welds, bolts etc where paint is not great

Baillie etch prime and then hammertone. So same as yours and Trik today I’d suggest. Baillie said he provides a spray pack for touch ups and he reckons they last well. My trailer won’t be coastal but I can’t guarantee it will be indoors all the time when stored. You get what you pay for I guess. Be interesting to see if there is a gal option a mid price point.

Tilta -500kg .. airbags .. no ramps and easy drive on ..enough said hollow treads , you can easy strap boxes and cages to dual purpose , roll on a bike , quad etc .. I have wide ramps .. all cars fit , I can push mine around the yard pretty much unhitched

Hi Pork  - I'm listing my dual axle nevco on the forum & pcnsw site (@19k).  It might be bigger (we designed it to take a 911 plus tyre rack plus tool rack) & higher budget than you were looking for but thought I'd let you know anyway.  It's 2 years old & been used about a dozen times.  Dual axle, self levelling when you drop the deck, winch, led deck lights etc etc.  We speccd it for commercial use and the plan we had ended up not eventuating so now I only use it when going to the track & to move maybe three cars a year so it's under-utilised.  If not interested & you think you might consider one of their single axle units as part of your research I'd be happy to share experiences with you...in a nutshell they're expensive however the quality of product is worth the spend if it's in budget & you plan to keep for some time.  

Hi Pork  - I'm listing my dual axle nevco on the forum & pcnsw site (@19k).  It might be bigger (we designed it to take a 911 plus tyre rack plus tool rack) & higher budget than you were looking for but thought I'd let you know anyway.  It's 2 years old & been used about a dozen times.  Dual axle, self levelling when you drop the deck, winch, led deck lights etc etc.  We speccd it for commercial use and the plan we had ended up not eventuating so now I only use it when going to the track & to move maybe three cars a year so it's under-utilised.  If not interested & you think you might consider one of their single axle units as part of your research I'd be happy to share experiences with you...in a nutshell they're expensive however the quality of product is worth the spend if it's in budget & you plan to keep for some time.  

Hey Gavin, lovely thing but it's too pricey for me.  My value point is somewhere between $5k and $10k, and I'm spreadsheeting this as we speak as it's not as straight forward as you think once you get into the details.  Also I need the trailer to be multipurpose and the Nevco design you've got is very car focussed.  My spreadsheet tells me I either go for the cheaper Baillie trailer or Tilta (punched floor tandem) or Woodford FBT at around the $10k mark.  The Woodford is looking about $1,000 more and lacks a lot of the goodies on the Tilta, though it is bolted gal so and there are some nifty design features, so it's quite well balanced.  Cheers.

Archived