911 R 991 for Sale

Macca

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why overrated?  Your mate Monkey loves it...

I didn't think it was possible for the most overrated Porsche to get more overrated, 1.2m will do it though.  

Why overrated?  Your mate Monkey loves it...

My dreamboat man crush & I unfortunately don't agree on everything.............They have tried to pay homage by drawing influence from a race car from the late 60's. Some may pay that as a successful attempt, I'm somewhat more critical, I don't mind sleeping on the couch though. :rolleyes::D

My dreamboat man crush & I unfortunately don't agree on everything.............They have tried to pay homage by drawing influence from a race car from the late 60's. Some may pay that as a successful attempt, I'm somewhat more critical, I don't mind sleeping on the couch though. :rolleyes::D

So, it's a manual GT3RS, with a super sexy interior, softer road biased/useable settings, with, hold on, a coupla stripes that spoil it completely.  Harsh, dude. 

*edit; Plus no stupid airplane wing...

So, it's a manual GT3RS, with a super sexy interior, softer road biased/useable settings, with, hold on, a coupla stripes that spoil it completely.  Harsh, dude. 

*edit; Plus no stupid airplane wing...

I'm hearing you and I get the appeal, I just don't buy the hype (and there is obviously is a lot). For what its worth I'm not that into the 991 in general although the vents & gills, wings etc. on the GT3 give me more fizz than the 'R' to be honest (especially in that purple colour they look sublime). 

I think there were 5 in total allocated to OZ, Only in the Red and Green stripe spec- All were purchased before they made it to the showroom floors ( for much less than this rort!)

Still, I'm sure someone with too much money will snap it up!! 

35 were imported to Oz and instagrammer rhd911r has tracked down most of them including 4 unique PTS allocations in Mexico Blue, Ivory, Fashion Grey and Racing Yellow... they look great in the special colours... IMHO.

16789582_1859021141042697_68893807955306

16229089_732572370243159_508130922731457

16583242_424689304530368_593658678388929

16110138_1157427511043275_71960256764601

There was one written off in the US supposedly but it may have been one of the press cars. With these the press cars are not counted toward the 991 total. On the number plaque it says number '000'. Presumably Porsche will take them back and stick them in its museum.

35 were imported to Oz and instagrammer rhd911r has tracked down most of them including 4 unique PTS allocations in Mexico Blue, Ivory, Fashion Grey and Racing Yellow... they look great in the special colours... IMHO.

16789582_1859021141042697_68893807955306

Oh Snap!

So much for the guy at the Porsche Melb stand @ Motorclassica telling me the one they had was 1 of 5 for Australia!!! - maybe he meant through P Melbourne only

In my head the target market for this car would have to enjoy the type of notoriety it now has. Or will it smell bad?

What's the risk anyway?

One way you make a motza, the other not so much.

We'll probably never know. 

It will be interesting to see if these cars still demand this sort of money once the new 991.2 GT3 arrives and from all indications a manual will be available for it .....I don,t believe that R owners will loose on the original purchase price but I would think that the bubble will have to burst on the current asking prices once there is an alternative out there ....

It will be interesting to see if these cars still demand this sort of money once the new 991.2 GT3 arrives and from all indications a manual will be available for it .....I don,t believe that R owners will loose on the original purchase price but I would think that the bubble will have to burst on the current asking prices once there is an alternative out there ....

Raven its probably a bit like an IPO on the stock market, everyone tries to buy in pre listing (or mates get the first dibs) then those that missed jump in early push up the price, profit takers sell off laughing then th percent drifts down over time....... circle of life 

It seems you are saying you need to be selected by Porsche to obtain a right to purchase. Then the selected one has fallen from favour and the dealer or original purchaser is selling.

I have it on good authority that the dealer is mega pissed off. The bloke has ensured he won't be at the top of the list of people to call when the next special car is due. 

If the demand is there, I see no problem in it. 

Porsche should make more- but I don't think they see their having higher resale value as a problem. 

Would I pay that? No, but someone else surely will. 

Archived